Community discussions

mistry7
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: ARM devices and NV2 protocol

Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:19 am

We can not switch back to MIPSBE LHG 5 utilizing N standard as we are facing competition throughputing 400+Mbit.

With test runs with RB922-RB922 before switching to ARM we achieved 400+Mbit/s in distance of 60km. Now we are sitting at 20-80Mbit with very high jitter.

So yes, ARM devices miss NV2 slots and yes, ARM devices route traffic back after receiving reducing available timeslots.

Welcome to the new Mikrotik products from the cheap rail, you need something with better performance buy somewhere else ...

PacketMangle
just joined

Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:21 pm

Hello Everybody,

To confirm, is this issue also a problem with wireless 'ARM' based Mikrotik devices operating in Station' mode too?

EG: Do you still have the same issues with Mikrotik MIPSBE devices operating in 'AP Bridge' (Access Point) mode and the ARM devices operating in 'Station' (Client) mode?

Thanks!

thasser
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:17 pm

Hello Everybody,

To confirm, is this issue also a problem with wireless 'ARM' based Mikrotik devices operating in Station' mode too?

EG: Do you still have the same issues with Mikrotik MIPSBE devices operating in 'AP Bridge' (Access Point) mode and the ARM devices operating in 'Station' (Client) mode?

Thanks!
We have not tried this setup, yet. We are only trying to bridge two Cisco switches on the same LAN.

We tried bridge to station in our setup and received the same results but we have all SXTsq's which I do not believe come with the license level for being an PtMP AP aka 'AP Bridge'

thasser
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:46 pm

The exact same configuration is now working on the legacy SXTac and no issues whatsoever. What is going on here, product released to market before full testing complete????!!!!!??????

PLEASE FIX THIS MIKROTIK!!!!!!!

Either fix this or pull the product from the market - it does not work! I have done business with you guys for over 10 years and this is not how you guys operate! You are better than this. Please acknowledge or prove me wrong as this has been a hot topic in wireless for over two weeks now!

MIKROTIK ARM BASED BOARDS DO NOT WORK WITH NV2 WHEN CREATING A SIMPLE BRIDGE.

honzam
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:50 pm

The same problem. We need solution from @mikrotik
LAN, FTTx, Wireless. ISP operator

mistry7
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:52 pm

The exact same configuration is now working on the legacy SXTac and no issues whatsoever. What is going on here, product released to market before full testing complete????!!!!!??????

Either fix this or pull the product from the market - it does not work! I have done business with you guys for over 10 years and this is not how you guys operate! You are better than this. Please acknowledge or prove me wrong as this has been a hot topic in wireless for over two weeks now!

No need for complaining, Mikrotik only offers low cost ARM line for 5 GHz, this is the same shit like the one with Spectral Scan in AC Hardware, change brand, more and more doing this step, we don’t see any future in Mikrotik Outdoor Wireless!

thasser
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:06 pm

No need for complaining, Mikrotik only offers low cost ARM line for 5 GHz, this is the same shit like the one with Spectral Scan in AC Hardware, change brand, more and more doing this step, we don’t see any future in Mikrotik Outdoor Wireless!

I always say this and still stick to it: Mikrotik devices are only as good as the programmer who is behind it. There are no other devices out there on the market that compare to the strengths and versatility of RouterOS. This is just one issue of many they are working on. We have a network with over 1,000 Mikrotik devices and the SXT's is one of their crowning achievements. That is why the bar was set so high for these new ones.

With that said - I would never swap to a Cambium, Ubiquiti, or any other competitor in this arena because they are not secure and you do not have low level access over what is going on in the router.

$$ is not an issue here. The board is cheap because it has only the components necessary for the device to work are in place. Yes there are cheaper versions with cheaper chips but I have gear in the field in what I can almost guarantee are the harshest of conditions and they are going on 6+ years of uptime with minimal config changes since ROS 3.5 ;)

Come on MT, I believe in you.

mistry7
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:44 am

$$ is not an issue here. The board is cheap because it has only the components necessary for the device to work are in place. Yes there are cheaper versions with cheaper chips but I have gear in the field in what I can almost guarantee are the harshest of conditions and they are going on 6+ years of uptime with minimal config changes since ROS 3.5 ;)

Come on MT, I believe in you.
the Issue begins with low end Chipset, if you want to build devices for Professional market, you choose the cheapest Chipset, who manufactures says for home using?

But there are a couple of ones for „enterprise use“ but they are not supported by ROS.
Missing features and not relatability are the answers?
Look at Qualcomm Page.....
Hopefully we see support for QCA998x after launch of RB4011, then we are able to build
Our own systems with M11G

server8

Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:32 pm

@Normis can you tell us how many time we have to wait for the solution of this problem? If you can't resolve it please tell us, transparency for your customers please.

mistry7
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:37 am

@Normis can you tell us how many time we have to wait for the solution of this problem? If you can't resolve it please tell us, transparency for your customers please.
I have some used LHGac, SXTsq ac, we took down in the last weeks, because of
unsolved problems with ARM Boards, if someone want to get them, feel free to ask,
otherwise we throw them away.

mistry7

honzam
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:54 pm

+ 1

mistry7
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:14 pm

+ 1
LOL would be fixed in ROS 7

Alessio Garavano
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:18 am

+100

Enviado desde mi BLA-L29 mediante Tapatalk

Alessio Garavano
http://www.isparg.com.ar

Alessio Garavano
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:04 pm

Is Dynadish working fine in 802.11ac and NV2?

Alessio Garavano

mistry7
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:22 pm

Yes it is not Arm based

ueudo
just joined

Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:21 am

I'm having the same problem, it's time that everything looks great, more than 5 in 5 minutes it's all horrible, I'm using 802.11 .... no solution?
Sem título.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Alessio Garavano
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:57 pm

Yes it is not Arm based
Thanks mistry7! now i go to test...

Regards,
Alessio Garavano

cpetey147
just joined

Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:33 pm

We really need a response from tik. This is ridiculous of them to not even respond. I've sent then 3 emails regarding this and their only response was we improved that in the latest current release. After upgrading still sucks and our company has probably around 500 of these things sitting in stock wait to be used yet we can't . Also still no spectral scan on A/C ....... Joke.

honzam
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:47 pm

If Mikrotik does not like a topic, he does not comment on it :-(
This is one of them.

I also do not like this policy ... ! :-(

mistry7
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:13 pm

unsolved problems with ARM Boards, if someone want to get them, feel free to ask,

mistry7
weird, nobody wants to have that stuff

honzam
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:26 pm

You are from Germany. If you had a trip to the Czech Republic I would have taken them :)

npero

Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:07 am

I am interested to buy it. Please can your left email or contact me on npero2(at)gmail(dot)com

mistry7

server8

Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:02 am

@normis old LDF mipsbe are not more available from distributors we have no hardware that work well with NV2 to make our business..... are LDF mipsbe end of life?

CAN YOU PLEASE SPEND SOME WORDS FOR US?

Thank you

mistry7
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:21 am

I am interested to buy it. Please can your left email or contact me on npero2(at)gmail(dot)com

mistry7
you've got an e-mail

mistry7
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:41 am

@normis old LDF mipsbe are not more available from distributors we have no hardware that work well with NV2 to make our business..... are LDF mipsbe end of life?

CAN YOU PLEASE SPEND SOME WORDS FOR US?

Thank you
SXT ac, SXT HGac, SXT Lite5ac, they all not longer available.

server8

Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:11 am

LDF mipsbe is not available now I hope is only a shortage for the distributors

mistry7
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:40 am

LDF5 (802.11n) is available in Germany

scampbell
Trainer
Trainer

Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:57 pm

LDF5 (802.11n) is available in Germany
LDF5 is in stock in New Zealand too - we can ship worldwide :-)
MTCNA, MTCWE, MTCRE, MTCTCE, MTCINE, Trainer

mistry7
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:12 am

It is the same like the Spectral-Scan story

only stalling tactics, some „possible fixes“
and then long time nothing, no answer and no fix
And when you wait for it and if you ask for it sometimes,
the answer would be „We fixe it with ROS 7“
And that is the answer from Mikrotik, not Interesting to fix it now!

n21roadie
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:08 pm

@ 2jarek
6.43 Works only for TDMA period size 1ms. Try 3-5ms = disaster. Hardware driver/chipset/clock problem.
Just curious I have mine set to 2ms ! and have you any more information on "Hardware driver/chipset/clock problem."
Last edited by n21roadie on Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

n21roadie
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:38 pm

@mistry7
I don’t think you will see anything from Mikrotik in Wireless Market, Wireless is dead end, FTTH is future, look at the Products MT is releasing, look at KidControl.
I agree that Fibre to the Home (FTTH) is the future for business, working from home, etc. but for residential customers we have discovered that price is paramount, sure they want very fast broadband but the vast majority are not willing to pay the premium cost involved, hence the reason why *all* fibre providers here have resorted to using a low price period at start of the contract before prices increase, even some bundle media content to sell FTTH to residential customers!

cpetey147
just joined

Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:17 pm

The fact that tik won't comment on this just baffles me.... Furthermore the fact that they build an AC lhg line that is most likely intended to be paired with the omnitik ac and than they sell thousands of them without even testing the product blows my mind. They clearly have time to improve the 60ghz stuff every release candidate just won't put the time into the arm 5ghz for whatever reason.

Alessio Garavano
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:28 pm

Hello guys ... After consulting here a few days ago, they confirmed that Dynadish does not have this famous problem for not having ARM, so I decided to buy one, meanwhile mikrotik does not offer any solution to the problem, we have to fix ourselves in some way and look for alternatives to continue improving our services ...

Then I wrote the following e-mail requesting me to recognize a level 4 license, to update the Dynadish to PTMP instead of an LHG 5ac that I bought for that, updated its license and could not use it ...

I share my query, and the unfavorable response they gave me ...
"Hi guys, from our main tower we have 4 others towers in a visible width of 10 grads connected and concentrated in a Sextant-G (Soft-ID=xxxx-xxxx) in a range of 3 to 8 kilometers with SXTsq, LHG 5ac and LHG 5ac XL in NV2.

From a time ago we need to enhance the capacity of this backbone, for this we buy a LHG 5ac (Soft-ID= xxxx-xxxx) to replace the old Sextant-G 802.11n, but the performance and quality was horrible, because the well-known problem of ARM chipsets with NV2... then we back again to the old Sextant-G waiting for a solution, but no answer in the forum about that and the clients are claiming the low quality of the service...

At this point besides of buy boths Routerboards, we buy the upgrade of license to Level 4 (u$45 each one, u$90 in total).

Well, now we buy a Dynadish 5ac (Soft-ID=xxxx-xxxx / Serial Number=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) to replace the Sextant-G and speed up the performance of this backbone...

Can you do the favour of exchange the license of the LHG 5ac back to Level 3 and pass the Dynadish to Level 4? I hope you understand my situation and can help us to solve our dilemma and not buy another license upgrade to try.

Thanks and regards"

Here the first MT reply:
Hello,

MikroTik support usually reply within three business days.

Unfortunately RouterBOARD licenses are not transferrable.

Best regards,
Martins S.

Here my second e-mail:
Hi Martins, i know that... but you need to considerate i can´t use the LHG 5ac license in level 4 for PTMP because yours problems with ARM chip and NV2.

I don´t want to buy another license level 4 for other RB.

If i don´t have a favorable reply about this problem, i public this bad situation with your reply in the forum.

I hope you can understand my situtation...

Thanks and regards,

Here the second bad reply without lucky:
Hello,

As soon as you purchase license for RouterBOARD it is tied to single router. Such licenses are not transferrable.

If you have a problem with your wireless connection, then please feel free to create a new support ticket. We will do our best in order to help you and improve your wireless configuration.

Best regards,
Martins S.
P.S.: Now, for this bad attention and solution, we go to change all our backbone to another brand.

Regards!
Alessio Garavano

mistry7
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:27 pm

Hello guys ... After consulting here a few days ago, they confirmed that Dynadish does not have this famous problem for not having ARM, so I decided to buy one, meanwhile mikrotik does not offer any solution to the problem, we have to fix ourselves in some way and look for alternatives to continue improving our services ...

Then I wrote the following e-mail requesting me to recognize a level 4 license, to update the Dynadish to PTMP instead of an LHG 5ac that I bought for that, updated its license and could not use it ...

I share my query, and the unfavorable response they gave me ...
"Hi guys, from our main tower we have 4 others towers in a visible width of 10 grads connected and concentrated in a Sextant-G (Soft-ID=xxxx-xxxx) in a range of 3 to 8 kilometers with SXTsq, LHG 5ac and LHG 5ac XL in NV2.

From a time ago we need to enhance the capacity of this backbone, for this we buy a LHG 5ac (Soft-ID= xxxx-xxxx) to replace the old Sextant-G 802.11n, but the performance and quality was horrible, because the well-known problem of ARM chipsets with NV2... then we back again to the old Sextant-G waiting for a solution, but no answer in the forum about that and the clients are claiming the low quality of the service...

At this point besides of buy boths Routerboards, we buy the upgrade of license to Level 4 (u$45 each one, u$90 in total).

Well, now we buy a Dynadish 5ac (Soft-ID=xxxx-xxxx / Serial Number=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) to replace the Sextant-G and speed up the performance of this backbone...

Can you do the favour of exchange the license of the LHG 5ac back to Level 3 and pass the Dynadish to Level 4? I hope you understand my situation and can help us to solve our dilemma and not buy another license upgrade to try.

Thanks and regards"

Here the first MT reply:
Hello,

MikroTik support usually reply within three business days.

Unfortunately RouterBOARD licenses are not transferrable.

Best regards,
Martins S.

Here my second e-mail:
Hi Martins, i know that... but you need to considerate i can´t use the LHG 5ac license in level 4 for PTMP because yours problems with ARM chip and NV2.

I don´t want to buy another license level 4 for other RB.

If i don´t have a favorable reply about this problem, i public this bad situation with your reply in the forum.

I hope you can understand my situtation...

Thanks and regards,

Here the second bad reply without lucky:
Hello,

As soon as you purchase license for RouterBOARD it is tied to single router. Such licenses are not transferrable.

If you have a problem with your wireless connection, then please feel free to create a new support ticket. We will do our best in order to help you and improve your wireless configuration.

Best regards,
Martins S.
P.S.: Now, for this bad attention and solution, we go to change all our backbone to another brand.

Regards!

We also did the change and did not regret it

mistry7
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:30 pm

They clearly have time to improve the 60ghz stuff every release candidate just won't put the time into the arm 5ghz for whatever reason.
Looks like it is Hardware Issue and can not be fixed

mfr476
just joined

Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:29 am

I have the some problem.... witch brand works now Mistry7?

npero

Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:32 am

you've got an e-mail
I send you replay but did not receive any mail from you after that.

server8

Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:11 pm

I am angry about the silence on this issue, I can't understand why we have had no official answer.

In the last 8 years we bought something around 1M euro of mikrotik hardware..... changing now is big trouble!!!!

I have 3 new towers waiting

n21roadie
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:29 pm

If any vendor had a wireless product designed especially to function perfectly in a increasing noisy environment, everyone would know very fast?

mistry7
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:37 pm

We use Mimosa and Ubiquiti
We removed Mikrotik on really new Towers, rebuild them with something new, and get some SXT Lite5ac from the costumers back, so we have some fro the old Towers, but this will not work for ever

Alessio Garavano
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:44 pm

We are changing to Mimosa and Cambium Networks...

UBNT is bad word for me! a real shit in all your products!
Alessio Garavano

server8

Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:35 pm

@Normis I 'll post here untill we 'll have an answer :-)

I apologize for my inistence but I need an answer

Thank You

cpetey147
just joined

Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:38 am

Thank You
They can only ignore us for so long 😀 eventually they will have to own up to it and fix it.

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:52 am

Thank You
They can only ignore us for so long 😀 eventually they will have to own up to it and fix it.
Sure they will fix it ... in ROS V7 :wink:
BR,
Metod

steen

Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:15 pm

Hello Folks!

First please mikrotik fix so older devices work or make a branch for older devices and freeze it or what ever suites you best.
As it is for now, we have stopped upgrading all wireless devices at Ros6.41.3.
Any attempt upgrading higher than RoS6.41.3 for wireless devices ends up in netinstalling them with RoS6.41.3 or lower.

Which devices work with NV2 and higher RoS6.41.3, is there any ?
QRT5 ?
DynaDish 5 ?
Any other device ?

We are fully dependent on it for our PtMP production.
We have a mix of devices, all running NV2 in routed network and various speeds and needs.

NV2 ptmp Basestations)
RB333 (few ptmp basestations, low speed links 20-30Mbit/s, max 7 clients per basestation sector)
RB435 (a few ptmp basestations, low speed links 20-30Mbit/s, max 10 clients per basestation sector)
RB600 (some ptmp basestations, low speed links 20-30Mbit/s, max 10 clients per basestation sector)
RB800 (a few ptmp basestations, medium speed links 30-100Mbit/s plus max 10 clients per basestation sector)
SXT SA5 ac (few ptmp basestations, medium speed links 30-100Mbit/s plus max 4 clients per basestation sector)

NV2 clients)
RB333 (clients, low speed links, low speed links 20-30Mbit/s)
RB411 (massive amount of clients, low speed links 20-30Mbit/s)
RB433 (clients, low speed links 20-30Mbit/s)
RB911G-5HPnD (many clients, low speed links 20-30Mbit/s)
RB711-SHnD (many clients, low speed links 20-30Mbit/s)
RB711-5Hn.u.FL (many clients, low speed links 20-30Mbit/s)
RB SXT-5D (many clients, low speed links 20-30Mbit/s)
RB SXT G5HPacD (many clients, medium speed links 30-100Mbit/s plus)
SXT 5 ac (many clients, medium speed links 30-100Mbit/s plus)
SXT G-5HPacd (many clients, medium speed links 30-100Mbit/s plus)
QRT5 (few clients, medium speed links 30-100Mbit/s plus)
DynaDish 5 (few clients, medium speed links 30-100Mbit/s plus)

honzam
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:42 pm

Thank You
Good idea. We will not leave this topic forgotten until Mikrotik answers...
@MIKROTIK - How long will you be silent? This is a public official forum. All users see how you are facing problems ...

mistry7
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:45 pm

Thank You
Good idea. We will not leave this topic forgotten until Mikrotik answers...
@MIKROTIK - How long will you be silent? This is a public official forum. All users see how you are facing problems ...
remember spectrum scan.....same story.... first "yes we will add / fix it" and later nothing.......

mfr476
just joined

Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:41 am

Five years working with @Mikrotik ... Today is the last day. It´s a pitty...

server8

Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:20 pm

Five years working with @Mikrotik ... Today is the last day. It´s a pitty...
My company has 6000 mikrotik cpe installed, +1000 new orders every year and when NV2 finally works quite well with AC we have no more hardware compatible with it. It's a nightmare to swith to another vendor...

mfr476
just joined

Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:49 pm

It's a Big problem but... If @Mikrotik dont solve the problem It is very dangerous not change the brand...