MikroTik App

Pigsfoot
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

RB922 & R11e-LTE issue - no interface listed

Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:21 pm

Hi,
We use RB922 boards as a cellular router, we normally use a HUAWEI ME909U-521P 4G card but our supplier has recently started to stock the Mikrotik R11e-LTE cards which are cheaper.

We have purchased a few LTE cards, installed them onto our RB922 boards and restored our std confirg... thats where it all goes wrong..

For some reason the LTE card does not appear as an interface ? We have tried all sorts of things, read i dont know how many posts and still nothing.. we are at a brick wall.

We have tried a couple of cards and are confident its not a hardware issue, we have also swapped cards back to a Huawei and everything works fine so we know the SIMs are OK.

We are on the latest Firmware and have even installed the LTE package ( not needed with the Huawei's ), we have also chnaged teh USB support to PCIe ( again not needed with the Huawei's ) and can confirm that if you click on Resources and PCI the card is listed, we just cant seem to get it to list as an interface.

Are MIkrotik cards different in some way, i would have thought that as its all the same manufacturer things woudl have been simpler not more complicated.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks