Community discussions

MikroTik App

RobT
just joined
Topic Author

SR5 5.8 link

Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:14 pm

Have a 5.8 WDS link that is not stable. This link is a point to multi point. It went into service back in April and everything was fine until an ice storm in December. Link went down at that time and started bouncing. Have replaced the RB532 at the main tower site, pigtail and 120 deg horiz. sector antenna. Replaced CM9 card with SR5. On the other end replaced the 5.8 grid antenna, pigtail and CM9 card with a SR5. Now the link is up but if I try to log into Winbox on the remote site the link will drop (everytime). I can ping across the link and remains stable except for the above mentioned winbox login. Since, I cannot log into the remote RB532 I am afraid to try and put live traffic back on the link. Configs have not changed except for making the CM9 to SR5 card change. Link signal at the main tower is -67 - -70 and similar on the remote end. Remote site also, has a prism card for 2.4.
Does anyone have any ideas?

bushy
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:21 pm

Since it was working fine and

" Configs have not changed except for making the CM9 to SR5 card change"

Try going back to cm9s at each end ?

RobT
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:24 pm

Tried it with the CM9's and the link just bounces. That is why we switched to the SR5's. The extra power stopped the bouncing because of a stronger signal level.

bushy
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:21 pm

Ok , if it was working ok at one stage it must be either new interference or something you didn't replace

"Have replaced the RB532 at the main tower site, pigtail and 120 deg horiz. sector antenna.
On the other end replaced the 5.8 grid antenna, pigtail and CM9 card with a SR5."

Maybe the jumper cables from the antennas to the pigtails are damaged ?
or maybe the power feed/ ethernet running up the tower suffered ?

There isn't much else it can be really if you think about it.

RobT
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:39 pm

Power is the only thing that hasn't been replaced. Using 48V POE's. Will have to try that on the remote end. There was a power outage during the ice storm and maybe somehow the POE got damaged.