Community discussions

MikroTik App

Ferns9k
just joined
Topic Author

CAPsMAN wireless mac address filtering

Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:35 am

Hello, I have setup two units working with capsman and have several wireless networks.

Before using caps, I was able to allow only certain machines to connect to certain of the wireless networks by adding them to the Access List tab and un-checking the "Default Authenticate" under the wireless interface

How do I do this in caps? I haven't found an option to allow only certain machines to be authorized to connect to certain wireless network

thanks,
Ferns

Ferns9k
just joined
Topic Author

Re: CAPsMAN wireless mac address filtering

Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:42 am

Hi All, I figured out how to get it working. Posting solution in case someone else needs.

Go to CapsMan --> Access List
Step 1. Create a Caps Access Rule for each device you want to allow, make sure you put in the MAC Address and set Action to accept
Step 2. Create a reject rule for each of the wireless networks you want to ONLY allow the special devices you added in Step 1. You must select the Interface for the wireless network and set action to reject. Make you sure put these "reject rules" at the bottom of the access list rules, as capsman will process rules in order until a match is found.

If anyone knows easier way please post their solution.

mcponcall
just joined

Re: CAPsMAN wireless mac address filtering

Mon Jan 01, 2024 6:14 pm

Definitely a "Eureka" moment. Sometimes we tend to over think and over design our network, when the SIMPLE solution is right in front of us! Individually we're good, collectively, we're GREAT...
Thank you,