Community discussions

MikroTik App

Megaphat
just joined
Topic Author

Testing RBSXTR&R11e-LTE - Help with T-Moble

Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:32 pm

I just received my RBSXTR&R11e-LTE-US and put a T-Mobile sim into the PCIe. Sadly I am not very familiar with this product and I could not find anything I could use as a starting point to configure it. I used both the webfig and winbox to configure it but even after setting the APN info, still i cannot get it to connect to fast.t-mobile.com with LTE set. I set the modem init to 4 (the primary band in my area) hoping that is what the modem init setting is for (i could not find much info on that). When I perform an LTE scan, it keeps saying hat the LTE modem is not configured.

I want to get rid of my Verizon FIOS so badly and I was hoping that this would be the magic in the sauce, but sadly I'm lost. Any help getting started in configuring the unit would be helpful.

Megaphat
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Testing RBSXTR&R11e-LTE - Help with T-Moble

Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:43 am

Apparently I over configured it. I reset the configuration then started again with just the APN and it immediately came online, BUT while the upstream is 20Mbps the downstream is only 100kbps. Something is wrong there. I put the SIM card back in the tablet and the speeds were 30Mbps down and 22Mbps up.