Community discussions

MikroTik App

cgallery
Topic Author

60Ghz Wireless Wire Dish kits?

Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:33 pm

I'm in the USA. Are these legal to use here?

Will U.S. distributors have them soon?

Searches on eBay or Amazon seem to only turn-up overseas sellers.

If I buy a kit of two, can I add a third unit? Imagine I have two buildings I'd like to connect to a main office building. The two buildings are separated by train tracks, but are otherwise quite close. Right now I have a Ubiquiti dish @ the main office running as an access point at my main office building, and two Ubiquiti units on the buildings straddling the train tracks running as clients.

The Ubiquiti gear is quite old, and I get about 50-Mbps from them. I'd like to swap-out to this MikroTik gear but don't know if they work in an access point/client mode, as they seem to come in pairs. I'm not sure how much I can configure them, etc.

Thanks!

MonkeyDan
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: 60Ghz Wireless Wire Dish kits?

Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:07 am

I'm in the USA. Are these legal to use here?

Will U.S. distributors have them soon?

Searches on eBay or Amazon seem to only turn-up overseas sellers.

If I buy a kit of two, can I add a third unit? Imagine I have two buildings I'd like to connect to a main office building. The two buildings are separated by train tracks, but are otherwise quite close. Right now I have a Ubiquiti dish @ the main office running as an access point at my main office building, and two Ubiquiti units on the buildings straddling the train tracks running as clients.

The Ubiquiti gear is quite old, and I get about 50-Mbps from them. I'd like to swap-out to this MikroTik gear but don't know if they work in an access point/client mode, as they seem to come in pairs. I'm not sure how much I can configure them, etc.

Thanks!
They are legal but are in short supply. ISPSupplies has a handful: https://www.ispsupplies.com/MikroTik-Ro ... 60ad-kitr2
In theory you can add a second client to the AP but the beamwidth is very narrow and you have to buy a level 4 license in order to do so.
If the two buildings are less than 500 meters from the main office and within 60 degrees of one another, I'd recommend a wAP 60g AP for the main office and use the dishes on each of the buildings.
The radios come pre-configured as an AP and client, but you can change it as needed.