Community discussions

MikroTik App

bayernstern
just joined
Topic Author

Problem with wAP AC

Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:51 pm

Hello, I am having issues with a brand new wAP AC. Concisely, it takes multiple attempts to be able to set up a static IP address on it. I set it up like I've done to other Mikrotik APs and then the IP address reverts back to 0.0.0.0 and then I need to start all over again. Eventually, the IP address holds, but I cannot access the wAP AC via Winbox (using its IP address). I can only access the problematic wAP AC via Winbox if I use its MAC address. At high-level, it appears that the wAP is struggling to save the settings on its memory (perhaps defective memory?). In addition, the specific wAP is not connecting to the internet even after I am able to set its settings. Note 1: I have other wAP ACs and hAP AC2s with identical settings and they all connect to the internet flawlessly (via a CAT7A connection onto a RB3011UiAS-RM). Note 2
Capture1.JPG
Capture2.JPG
Capture3.JPG
Capture4.JPG
Capture5.JPG
: the wAP AC in question is the U.S. version (all the other APs are the international version, correctly configured to country = united states). I don't know if that is relevant or not, but bringing it up to your attention in the event that it is. I am enclosing a few screenshots of my settings too. I would be very grateful for any assistance you may be able to provide. I've spent countless hours with this wAP AC and it is driving me crazy! Thanks in advance! :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

R1CH
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Problem with wAP AC

Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:23 pm

You've got some misconfigured IPs there for your WAN and LAN connections. First, they shouldn't be the same IP or the router won't know which interface to use, and secondly you have a /8 subnet on the WAN, that certainly can't be right. I'm not sure what your intended configuration is supposed to be, but I would check IP / Addresses and fix everything there instead of using Quickset.

gotsprings
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:25 pm

NEVER EVER USE QUICKSET!

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:49 pm

Quickset is great on Cap AC, so never say never LOL.
Where would we be without default quickset to start programming the router.

bayernstern
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:34 pm

Thanks very much for all the good replies. I've used Linksys and DD-WRT for a really long time and am new to Mikrotik (loved thus far). In that context Quick Set has been great to begin my configurations in an efficient manner. On the specific issues, I was tired and messed up some of the settings. Thanks again for pointing that out! Greatly appreciated... :)

gotsprings
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:00 am

Use quickset and set the IP scope. First thing you notice... No DNS entry in the DHCP-server.

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:30 pm

Start a quickset thread if you have legit concerns.
Quickset is great for Cap ACs as a starting point and in fact I don't change it for the most part
Quickset is great for programming routers, as it provides a clean and stable starting point.

gotsprings
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:12 am

For a cap...
/system package update install
/system routerboard upgrade
y
/system reboot
y
/system reset-configuration skip-backup=yes caps-mode=yes

Thats all that you should need to do on a cap.
:)