MikroTik App

danletkeman
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

SXTsq 5 AC PTP 1km Link

Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:59 pm

Hello,

Just purchased some new SXTsq AC units to replace all of our older RB411 with R5H cards. I am able to get the new PTP links works, but I have noticed that they connection is not consistent. First thing that happens on some of the units is that the link disconnects randomly, then reconnects. This can happen anywhere from every few minutes to only once a day. The other thing is that the bandwidth tests produce erratic results. The throughput will jump up and down from 120Mbps to 0Mbps.

These SXTsq AC links replaced the RB411 / R5H links in the exact same locations with the same frequency and channel width. The signal strength appears to be about the same as before, but the CCQ is a lot worse.

With the AC links I am running one side as a bridge and the other as a station bridge.
Both are set to
AC only
20/40 Ce
Same frequency as before
NV2

Bandwidth tests using the bandwidth test tool are erratic, and the CCQ jumps around. I have also run iPerf tests on machines from either side of the link and its ok, but it should be a lot faster.

4 out of the 5 links are 1km or less so I have set the power to all-fixed-rates to lower the signal strength to about -60. This helped a little bit, but does not fix the erratic throughput.

Currently running 6.42.9.

Is there anything else I can change or set to make the link more reliable? I see these test images of people getting 100-200Mbps steady, yet I get anywhere from 0-120Mbps on a clear line of site 1Km link, with the connection dropping randomly.

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks,
Dan.

server8
Long time Member
Long time Member

Re: SXTsq 5 AC PTP 1km Link  [SOLVED]

Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:24 pm

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=136002

here the answer at your problem :-(