Community discussions

Speakers95
just joined
Topic Author

2.4ghz casi ciega en sxt

Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:01 am

hello to all I have a problem with several equipment mikrotik model slex litle5ac dualband the problem is that it does not see well the signals at 2.4ghz, however close they are the best one sees it at -70db meanwhile another signal 5ghz if it looks perfect up to -40 from the same position because the 2 ap are in front of me, it's kind of weird, help me please tell me a solution thanks

emilst
just joined

Re: 2.4ghz casi ciega en sxt

Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:38 am

Hello, you could try to adjust the centre frequency for the 2.4Ghz wlan channel, but first you need to check what are the allowed channels for the 2.4Ghz band in your country. Don't forget to adjust the frequency and also the scan list for both sides of the wireless link. Also take in consideration your channel width and if you are using extension channels, then adjust the extension channel if it should be located below or above the control (main) channel.

Edit: Did not notice the model, these indeed are dual chain, so 5ghz only.
Last edited by emilst on Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

2frogs

Re: 2.4ghz casi ciega en sxt

Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:00 pm

hello to all I have a problem with several equipment mikrotik model slex litle5ac dualband the problem is that it does not see well the signals at 2.4ghz, however close they are the best one sees it at -70db meanwhile another signal 5ghz if it looks perfect up to -40 from the same position because the 2 ap are in front of me, it's kind of weird, help me please tell me a solution thanks
The SXT's are not dual band, but dual chain. The 5 in its name indicates that it is a 5ghz radio.