Community discussions

MikroTik App

chinedudeoracle
just joined
Topic Author

Access Points Disconnect and Reconnect at Intervals

Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:06 am

hello all,
I am still a newbie to mikrotik and networking in general but i have the privilege of managing our small office network. The network is made of of both LAN and wifi. there is a mikrotik routerboard 1100 x2 AH router, that supplies internet to the network. this router has a cisco 2960 series switch connected to one of its ethernet ports, from which three mikrotik RBcAP2ND access points and LAN are connected via LAN cables. The issue is that the access points keeps disconnecting and reconnecting at certain intervals. the disconnection is just for a few seconds and then they will reconnect again and this keeps repeating itself and intervals. then it would stop happening for a while then later it starts all over again and this is really affecting our work at the office because when the disconnection happens we usually loose connection to the internet, in fact we can't send a file to the printer over the network because when the disconnection happens the file would be resent to the printer. I would be most grateful if anyone could help me with a solution to this problem. Thanks

Regards,
chinedudeoracle