Community discussions

tomasbond
just joined
Topic Author

cAP ac config problems

Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:13 pm

Hi! Recently i bought 7 cAP ac (dual band) to cover some building wifi problems. I started installing them and i found that they dont work 100%. I have been now for a week trying to make them work. Im terrible dissapointed with this product. Before giving them back to the seller i will try to get the problem solved here. Maybe its just a misconfiguration, but i think this shouldnt be so hard to set up. As i told, i installed 3 of them. They first one is just using one SSID (for both bands) called CIUDAD. People can connect to it fine. The second and third one should have a public (with a vlan tag) SSID and one private. Because this two AP have some noise interference between them im not using just one SSID ("CIUDAD") but im using specific SSID to know to which one im connecting to. SSIDs are "RAYOS" for the first one and "SEGURIDAD" for the second one. With that i avoid to connect to an AP that i dont have the correct signal.With this simple config i can make them work. The problem is when i want to add another SSID for guest usage. The "SEGURIDAD" AP works fine. The problem is that in the "RAYOS" AP just one SSID works. If i enable the GUEST interface, the 2.4 "RAYOS" SSID stops workings and dissapears. With the same configuration on SEGURIDAD AP works fine. Im using CAPsMAN to manage all this APs.HELP PLEASE :(

CAPsMAN interface print:
[admin@Virreyes] /caps-man interface> print
Flags: M - master, D - dynamic, B - bound, 
X - disabled, I - inactive, R - running 
 #      NAME                  RADIO-MAC         MASTER-INTERFACE                 
 0 M  I AP1-2G                CC:2D:E0:5A:BD:22 none                             
 1 M  I AP1-5G                CC:2D:E0:5A:BD:23 none                             
 2 M  I AP2-2G                CC:2D:E0:5A:C0:66 none                             
 3 M  I AP2-5G                CC:2D:E0:5A:C0:67 none                             
 4 M  I AP3-2G                CC:2D:E0:5A:BC:E6 none                             
 5 M  I AP3-5G                CC:2D:E0:5A:BC:E7 none                             
 6 M  I AP4-2G                CC:2D:E0:5A:C0:62 none                             
 7 M  I AP4-5G                CC:2D:E0:5A:C0:63 none                             
 8 M BR APMEDICOS-2G          CC:2D:E0:5A:BD:2E none                             
 9 M BR APMEDICOS-5G          CC:2D:E0:5A:BD:2F none                             
10 M BR APRAYOS-2G            CC:2D:E0:5A:BC:FE none                             
11 M B  APRAYOS-5G            CC:2D:E0:5A:BC:FF none                             
12 M BR APSEGURIDAD-2G        CC:2D:E0:5A:BD:1E none                             
13 M BR APSEGURIDAD-5G        CC:2D:E0:5A:BD:1F none                             
14   BXI RAYOS                 00:00:00:00:00:00 APRAYOS-2G                       
15   B  SEGURIDAD             00:00:00:00:00:00 APSEGURIDAD-2G    
CAPsMAN configuration print:
[admin@Virreyes] /caps-man configuration> print
 0 name="Virreyes" mode=ap ssid="CIUDAD" country=argentina 
   security.authentication-types=wpa2-psk security.encryption=aes-ccm 
   security.group-encryption=aes-ccm security.passphrase="password" 
   datapath.bridge=bridge channel.band=2ghz-g/n 

1 name="Virreyes5" mode=ap ssid="CIUDAD" country=argentina distance=indoors 
   hw-retries=15 hw-protection-mode=cts-to-self 
   datapath.bridge=bridge 

2 name="SEGURIDAD" mode=ap ssid="SEGURIDAD" country=argentina 
   datapath.bridge=bridge channel.control-channel-width=20mhz 
   channel.band=2ghz-g/n channel.tx-power=20 

3 name="RAYOS" mode=ap ssid="RAYOS" country=argentina 
   datapath.bridge=bridge channel.band=2ghz-g/n 

4 name="INVITADOS" mode=ap ssid="INVITADOS" country=argentina distance=indoors 
   hw-retries=15 hw-protection-mode=cts-to-self datapath.bridge=bridge 
   datapath.vlan-mode=use-tag datapath.vlan-id=100 channel.band=2ghz-g/n 

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: cAP ac config problems

Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:23 pm

What unit are you using as a router?
I have two capACs in the house and they are working fine but it did take me a while to figure it out.
I'd rather manage rats than software. Follow my advice at your own risk! (Sob & mkx forced me to write that!)

tomasbond
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:29 pm

What unit are you using as a router?
I have two capACs in the house and they are working fine but it did take me a while to figure it out.
Thanks for your answer. The router controlling CAPsMAN is a CCR1016-12s-1s+

hooyao

Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:43 pm

i think you better let capsman manage all your interfacs, push unified configuration and select channels for the first time then fine tune with some wifi surveys software.

make it work first, then setup vlans.

Your approach as for now, is not easy to debug

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:05 am

I dont use capsman but perhaps I should look into it.
I'd rather manage rats than software. Follow my advice at your own risk! (Sob & mkx forced me to write that!)

tomasbond
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:12 am

Thanks for your replies, i managed to find the solution for this problem. same copied mac. this post helped me out: viewtopic.php?t=66314

It would be nice if the interface doesnt let you copy the mac from another one, or give you a warning message. :)