Community discussions

MikroTik App

davidreaton
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Google Chromecast

Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:31 pm

Just got 6 Google Chromecast Audio units and set them up to use with Spotify. My config is RB3011 with 2 hAP ACs configured as APs. WiFi connects well, with a stable connection. However, the Chromecasts don't all show up in the Google home app. My 2 APs are configured using CapsMan. UPnP is enabled on the RB3011, and set the bridge as an internal interface. I turned off CapsMan and went back to my old manual configuration, and all was well - all Chromecasts are visible in the Google Home app. Spotify connections are solid. Turned CapsMan back on and the problem returned. I searched the forums and found that I need to turn on Client to Client forwarding in the DataPath tab of the CapsMAN configuration for then network I'm using. Then all was well.

1) Turn on UPnP at the router, with the main bridge set as an internal interface
2) Turn on client to client forwarding in CapsMAN

Hope this helps!
Last edited by davidreaton on Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

sebastia
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Google Chromecast

Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:34 am

Thx for sharing !

odiearbuckle
just joined

Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:31 am

I just collected my config and was about to open a threat and ask for help. I wan't able to see my chromecast which is connected via 5GHz from mobile phones connected via 2,4GHz. Enabling client to client forwarding in the datapath settings fixed it. Thank you very much for sharing!

yottabit
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:32 am

Yep, Chromecast requires station-to-station and/or station-to-node forwarding in order to receive and transmit control messages. You do not need UPnP enabled.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

UpRunTech
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:41 pm

Yep, Chromecast requires station-to-station and/or station-to-node forwarding in order to receive and transmit control messages. You do not need UPnP enabled.
Not only Chromecast but anything that using a discovery process like mDNS/Bonjour. For example you'll need client-client on if you want to print from an iPhone to a wireless printer and they are connected to the same AP.