Community discussions

MikroTik App

sabanseven
just joined
Topic Author

Sxt lite5 Ether1 10mbps problem help!

Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:24 pm

Hello friends. İ am newbie here. i experiance a wheird problem, sxt 5ndr2 lite 5 my friends device. The device sometimes 100mbps sometimes when i plugged in 10mbps. Warrantied device. I sended the local dealer but theyr saying ; customers faulty setup. I think my friend set the device without grounding and when a lightning storm or voltage unstabilities device did died ethernet port? Any helps are usefull. I tried net install but i cant setup boot server and manual ips how can i re work that device? On the motherboard the device which chip or capacitor causes that problem? Note that: device sometimes 10 sometimes 100 mbps. Device not bricked. I upgrage firmware 6.38 to 6.42.10 long-term.

Arcee
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: Sxt lite5 Ether1 10mbps problem help!

Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:30 am

I have seen this quite a number of times.

The problem is at the physical layer; either your cable/cable ends need to be replaced or your device on the next end has a bad Ethernet port.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

mbahram

Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:01 am

Hello friends. İ am newbie here. i experiance a wheird problem, sxt 5ndr2 lite 5 my friends device. The device sometimes 100mbps sometimes when i plugged in 10mbps. Warrantied device. I sended the local dealer but theyr saying ; customers faulty setup. I think my friend set the device without grounding and when a lightning storm or voltage unstabilities device did died ethernet port? Any helps are usefull. I tried net install but i cant setup boot server and manual ips how can i re work that device? On the motherboard the device which chip or capacitor causes that problem? Note that: device sometimes 10 sometimes 100 mbps. Device not bricked. I upgrage firmware 6.38 to 6.42.10 long-term.

TLDR;
Stop Ethernet auto-negotiation and force 100Mbps

Code: Select all

/interface ethernet set ether1 auto-negotiation=no speed=100Mbps

I had the same problem after lightening storm, my customer's SXT suddenly started doing a loop in my network causing 10s of other customers to disconnect their PPPoE sessions without being able to reconnect again. And after detecting which customer's SXT is doing this, I disconnected it from the network and did some tests.

This has been a problem for several years and I was finally able to do a workaround that may have solved my problem.

First of all, this SXT is not detectable anymore by Winbox or any tool since it has negotiation problems with Ethernet.
What I did is, configured a bridge SXT in front of it such that I can telnet to it through WLAN.
After I am finally in, I checked the Ethernet and it is giving me 10Mbps even if Ethernet is completely disconnected (should give no link instead)
Going to the logs, it keeps saying periodically that ether1 has detected a packet which has same source address (probably loop)
I did some packet sniffing and logging and detected that the IP discovery is causing this problem, disabling it makes the loop go away.
But I still have the problem with Ethernet working only as 10M and not detected; So, I stopped auto-negotiation and forced only 100M and finally, the link really goes down.
Even more, if I re-enabled IP neighbor discovery, their are no more loop packets abusing my network.
Furthermore, the SXT is being detected normally on Winbox and working on 100Mbps without any problem and the logs are clean.

mananet
just joined

Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:38 pm

I'm also facing issue and unable to login to Sxt Sq Lite5 device with any tools. I made the device hard reset for multiple times, but no use. It keep on changing the duplex continuously. Sometimes if I change pc speed to 10Mbps full duplex physical link will come up, but in winbox nothing will be displayed. Even in NETINSTALL also not showing any thing..

Pl guide me to clear this issue, earlier also it was working with 100Mbps full duplex after removing auto negotiation. Some one guide me to overcome this problem. Immediate response is highly appreciable. Thanks in advance.

rihanatkhan
just joined

Mon Apr 24, 2023 1:00 pm

Why any mikrotik authority is not replying here ?

bpwl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Apr 24, 2023 2:25 pm

Just my 2ct.

If there is a loop, ( or it looks like there is one because of signal crosstalk between send and receive lines ???), on the ethernet line, then I expect STP (spanning tree protocol) or RSTP, to stop all traffic on that interface.