Community discussions

MikroTik App

tahataka
just joined
Topic Author

How to access my nano bridge through mickrotik routerboard

Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:33 pm

welcome guys
I have a subscription with an ISP in my city. The cable runs from the nano dish to the router. I have access to the internet in the router via pppoe with a username and password. My question is: How can I access the nano via the router wirelessly and not by connecting the tower directly to the computer? Knowing that I have a nano IP number

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: How to access my nano bridge through mickrotik routerboard

Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:05 pm

Assuming cable between the nano and your router is connected to port ether1 of your router (and hence pppoe client runs on ether1 as well), you can add IP address from nano's subnet to ether1. Then just check your firewall rules if communication with nano is allowed.

You might find out that you can not connect to nano if nano has properly configured FW though. If I was WISP, I wouldn't let customers mess with my infrastructure. Assuming nano was provided by your ISP ...

tahataka
just joined
Topic Author

Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:12 pm

you can add IP address from nano's subnet to ether1. Then just check your firewall rules if communication with nano is allowed.
Sorry ... I did not understand this sentence

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:41 pm

If nano has, for example, IP address 12.23.34.45, then assign address 12.23.34.150/24 (and pray no other device nearby is using this address already) to ether1. To avoid possibility that you're creating address collision, at this point select another address from same subnet, ping it and if pings don't get replies, change IP address to this one.

It might work or it might not, depends on subnet mask used on nano.

If connection doesn't work, check firewall on your router if there's some rule dropping connections over ether1 or ...

It really is a guess work and I can't give you more concrete advice.

fox121212
just joined

Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:51 am

welcome guys
I have a subscription with an ISP in my city. The cable runs from the nano dish to the router. I have access to the internet in the router via pppoe with a username and password. My question is: How can I access the nano via the router wirelessly and not by connecting the tower directly to the computer? Knowing that I have a nano IP number
same i have every thing like u how did u manage to get the ip for the mikrotek while a router in the way?