Community discussions

MikroTik App

ryancoli
just joined
Topic Author

Weird ping issues & OSPF Problems

Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:43 pm

Greetings everyone!

Our company has a handful of Cisco core routers and about 55 MikroTik routers within our wireless network that we operate. Whenever we try to ping from devices, such as a MikroTik to a Cisco, we get 100% throughput, but when we reverse that and try to ping from any Cisco device to a MikroTik device, we always get a 75% throughput; it usually drops every third packet in the ping.

A problem that has came up is that every so often at random intervals, our Cisco link will 'drop' causing OSPF to redistribute the networks but the link actually never goes down. We believe it may be as a result from above, but are not 100% sure.

I believe all of our MikroTiks are at least v2.9.38 and higher.

Thoughts?

Thanks for any insight!

-Ryan

pdf
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Weird ping issues & OSPF Problems

Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:47 pm

Greetings everyone!

Our company has a handful of Cisco core routers and about 55 MikroTik routers within our wireless network that we operate. Whenever we try to ping from devices, such as a MikroTik to a Cisco, we get 100% throughput, but when we reverse that and try to ping from any Cisco device to a MikroTik device, we always get a 75% throughput; it usually drops every third packet in the ping.

A problem that has came up is that every so often at random intervals, our Cisco link will 'drop' causing OSPF to redistribute the networks but the link actually never goes down. We believe it may be as a result from above, but are not 100% sure.

I believe all of our MikroTiks are at least v2.9.38 and higher.

Thoughts?

Thanks for any insight!

-Ryan
It looks like OSPF looses some routes (using router-testing). Hence I do not know if this will be solved soon or not. But it's very annoying. :/

Please mikrotik can you fix this?

Thank you.