Community discussions

MikroTik App

Corné
just joined
Topic Author

Back to back LHGG-60ad Ptp link (relay)

Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:31 pm

We are currently deploying a lot of LHGG-60ad links however now the scenario rises the a customers of our requires a relay setup. Have anyone tested this scenario?

A --- link A --- B --- B ---- link B ---- C

Thanks in advance!

mistry7
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Back to back LHGG-60ad Ptp link (relay)

Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:47 pm

Devices Are able to use 4 not overlapping channels, so what is your problem?

Steveocee
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Back to back LHGG-60ad Ptp link (relay)  [SOLVED]

Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:44 pm

It will work as well as daisy-chaining switches will work.

As @mistry7 has already said, loosely there are 4 channels. 58, 60, 62 and 64 Ghz. Just don't reuse the same channel back to back and you'll be fine.

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:22 pm

According to the diagram You are all wrong. Not possible. Only one ethernet port on the LHG60 and only one antenna LOL.
Its not a dual radio setup!!
Now if the op had posted
internet----> {ethernet cable) A-------Link1--------B {ethernet cable} C -------Link2---------D {ethenet cable} E--------link3--------F ETC.. I might have believed the reponses.

Where any pair of Links cannot have the same frequency as stated.

Since i am quite enjoying this post lets look at pt to multitpoint, my patented invention
internet----> {ethernet cable) A-------Link1--------B (ethernetcable----switch} D/E/F to G, H, I respectively (360 divided into 3 quadrants), Link1 cannot be the same frequency as Links, 2,3,4 (d to g, e to h, and f to i).

server8
Long time Member
Long time Member

Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:29 am

It may works so try and report us your results

Steveocee
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:34 am

This forum sometimes! The guy sis asking what seems a really simple question, can he back to back two of the 60Ghz links, the answer is yes.

Who mentioned dual radios and PtMP? Radio A <WIRELESS> Radio B <CAT5> Radio C <WIRELESS> Radio D.

Is there some additional text in the same colour as the page I am missing?

Corné
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:16 pm

Thanks all much appreciated and will report our personal experience when we finished the implementarion.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk

server8
Long time Member
Long time Member

Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:20 pm

On B try to use the same frequency I am quite confident that it will work without issue

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:53 pm

This forum sometimes! The guy sis asking what seems a really simple question, can he back to back two of the 60Ghz links, the answer is yes.

Who mentioned dual radios and PtMP? Radio A <WIRELESS> Radio B <CAT5> Radio C <WIRELESS> Radio D.

I think the warm spell in the UK fried some brain cells stevo!
Look at the original diagram and tell me how unit B can both receive from A and send to C.
I know its complicated for a Brit but I think you can get it.......... well since you all voted for Brexit and look what a mess that is............ [perhaps my confidence being low is justified. ;-P

Steveocee
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:57 pm

Look at the original diagram and tell me how unit B can both receive from A and send to C.
I know its complicated for a Brit but I think you can get it.......... well since you all voted for Brexit and look what a mess that is............ [perhaps my confidence being low is justified. ;-P
To which my response was;
Radio A <WIRELESS> Radio B <CAT5> Radio C <WIRELESS> Radio D.

It's not a "relay" as such but it will do just fine. I have reread the OP and seen yes OP was thinking of using a single dish as a relay. That won't work.

**Please don't bring Brexit into it, there was a 2% majority of which I am open about being one of the 48% remaining losers.

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:51 pm

To which my response was;
Radio A <WIRELESS> Radio B <CAT5> Radio C <WIRELESS> Radio D.

It's not a "relay" as such but it will do just fine. I have reread the OP and seen yes OP was thinking of using a single dish as a relay. That won't work.

**Please don't bring Brexit into it, there was a 2% majority of which I am open about being one of the 48% remaining losers.
Sorry that was an EUge mistake on my part. ;-P
Of course I knew what he meant and what you meant but I hold you to a high standard of nitpickyness and correct topology :-0 and besides I can be a right bugger sometimes have to keep the rep up! The only thing I am worse at than MT configuration is probably attempting to play AL............ hint, I am always bamboozled.