MikroTik App

djgu
just joined
Topic Author

CAPsMAN Certificate Issues

Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:47 am

Hi there.
First Post, First Problem :)

I'm using CAPsMAN since some time now (about a year) and i'm having a recurring problem with the CAP Certificates on some of my devices

CAP Manager is used on a hAP ac, now on version 6.44.3
CAPs are wAP ac, 9 in full, 6 are working without Problems, but 3 have issues.

CAP is getting a certificate and connects to capsman, gets configuration and is working normally.

some time later, CAP is not able to connect to the CAPsMAN with the error in CAP log: CAP connect to xxxx failed: handshake failed: self signed certificate in certificate chain (6)

when i revoke the according certificate of the CAP in CAPsMAN and delete the certificate on the CAP, it gehts a new cert and the connection is working again for some time.

anyone has any knowledge on this problem or any help to resolve it for longer than some weeks? thanks :)

Exiver
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: CAPsMAN Certificate Issues

Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:08 pm

We also observed this behavior with a few hap ac lites. Since we have over 1500 units deployed and it happened to about 10-20 we never bothered about it. You can import the capsman CA Certificate on your client and the error will be gone.
I guess it happened after software updates but im not 100% sure about it. Maybe someone else has tracked this down

Ps.: Happened on 6.37.5 until 6.42.9 i guess..

djgu
just joined
Topic Author

Re: CAPsMAN Certificate Issues

Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:05 am

thanks for this tip.

i checked and saw that the problematic devices are missing the CA Cert as you mentioned.
i now installed the CA on one of them and will check if this resolves the issue and if the other devices will still fail and could be repaired with importing the CA

as mentioned, all devices are and were up to date. so actually on 6.44.3
and the problem always occured without update or restart, so i think it is not directly attached to the update process itself.