Community discussions

MikroTik App

mikrotikschwall
Topic Author

Webinterface of Remote PtP AP Bridge no longer accessible

Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:55 am

Good morning,

I am running for 5 years now Point-to-Point connection using two SXT Lite 5 (802.11) to a remote building, distance is 30m. The remote site uses PtP AP Bridge and my side uses Station mode (CPE).
Recently, I discovered that the webinterface ot the remote SXT could no be accessed any longer. I did not touch it, just updated firmware from time to time. As PtP connection is still running fine I decided to upgrade the connection to 802.11 ac by installing SXTsqG-5acD (remote) and DISC Lite5 ac instead.
Preparing both new parts, I discovered that I could not access SXTsqG-5acD (newest firmware) any longer as soon I switched it from factoring setting's CPE mode to PtP AP bridge mode. I tried Winbox and using MAC address without success.Same behaviour as with my old SXT Lite 5.
My question: is it possible that a firmware upgrade during the last year is responsible for blocking my access to the remote SXT Lite 5? Maybe because of new channel regulations incorporated or the change of bridge behaviour? But why do I encounter the same in a new SXTsqG-5acD?
Any hint would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

mikrotikschwall
Topic Author

Re: Webinterface of Remote PtP AP Bridge no longer accessible

Fri May 10, 2019 10:10 pm

Hello.

unfortunately, I got no reply. I would like to describe my problem much shorter.
I started my new SXTsq Lite5 (SXTsqG-5acD) with newest firmware connected using ethernet to my laptop. IP address 192.168.88.1. CPE mode is set by factory.
Everything fine.
Using webfig and Quick Set page, I changed mode to PtP Bridge AP, set IP address to 192.168.88.1 and applied changes.
Rebooted SXTsq and laptop, but could not access the device any longer using IP 192.168.88.1.

Where is my mistake? Any hint greatly acknowledged.

Sob
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun May 12, 2019 7:19 pm

I don't know what exactly different Quick Set modes do, but can't it be something simple like missing dhcp, so the client wouldn't have the right address?

mikrotikschwall
Topic Author

Mon May 13, 2019 11:06 pm

Thank you Sob,

I also tried Winbox and tried to access the already known MAC address with no success. As soon as I click Apply to switch to PtP bridge AP mode the device cannot be found using either IP or MAC address. Its green LED is blinking but that its only way to communicate with me :-(

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon May 13, 2019 11:21 pm

Can you connect to the remote SXT through its ether port? If yes, check firewall settings, could be that its wireless interface is somehow considered to be WAN.

mikrotikschwall
Topic Author

Tue May 14, 2019 1:35 am

Thank you mkx,

for testing, the "remote" PtP AP Bridge is on my desk and connected to my laptop using the ethernet port. I did not check wireless yet.