Community discussions

MikroTik App

davidreaton
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

CapsMan provisioning of a Specific MAC

Fri May 10, 2019 1:13 am

I have a CCR1016-12 running CapsMan and provisioning a dozen single and dual band radios. This has sure made my life simpler! Under the provisioning tab, I just leave the Radio-MAC address at all zeroes, and everything works well.

Now, I would like to add another AP, and provision it individually with a specific configuration, leaving all the other CAPs provisioned under the 'all zeroes' MAC address. I tried adding the specific MAC for this radio into a new provisioning rule I made, but it's still provisioned the same as all the others. If I can get this to work, I'll be adding another AP or 2 which I would like to individually provision.

Help and guidance will be much appreciated.

Thank you,

Dave

Pea
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: CapsMan provisioning of a Specific MAC

Fri May 10, 2019 8:13 am

Move the specific MAC rule in the provisioning list on top.

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri May 10, 2019 8:16 am

My (limited) experience with capsman is that order of entries in /caps-man provisioning matters. The first one that matches a CAP will get applied (the same logic as with firewall filter rules). So try to move the general provisioning rule (with radio-mac=00:00:00:00:00:00) to the end of provisioning rule list.

davidreaton
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Sat May 11, 2019 5:13 am

That did it! Thanks. Had to turn off CAPsMan at the router and restart with the specific rule at the top. Worked well.