Community discussions

MikroTik App

jellex
just joined
Topic Author

Align LHG 60ad - 60ghz

Thu May 23, 2019 9:42 pm

Hi,

I'm wondering what are best practices to align the LHG 60ad. I have the solidmount to finetune, that works great!

Now, I'm trying to figure out what data I should use when aligning.
I'm always running /interface w60g monitor 0 in the winbox console to monitor. I'd like to know how to read this output. Let's say this is the STATION (STA):
connected: yes -> clear
frequency: 62640 -> clear
remote-address: B8:69:F4:91:60:94 -> clear
tx-mode: dmg -> Directional Multi-Gigabit 
tx-mcs: 8 -> modulation; max 8
tx-phy-rate: 2.3Gbps

-> data rate of THIS antenna (STA)
signal: 95 
-> ? is this the perceived signal from the AP or does the AP give this information back to this STA?
rssi: -54 
-> received signal strength; so this is information from the signal from the AP as it arrives on this STA?
tx-sector: 45
-> is this the (hexagonal) sector on the dish from the STA where the signal arrives FROM the AP?
tx-sector-info: right 0.6 degrees, up 0.6 degrees 
-> do I need to align the STA or the AP to these numbers?
distance: 510.49m -> clear
tx-packet-error-rate: 0% 
-> error rate of transmitted packets from STA to AP?

Also, my experience with /interface w60g align wlan60-1 isn't good. The output is unusable due to frequent changes while beamforming is on. It might be better usable with beamforming off.

jellex
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Align LHG 60ad - 60ghz

Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:14 pm

Hi,
Bumping this thread. Are these obvious / dumb questions or doesn't anyone know the answers? I'm really curious to what these stats exactly mean. Thanks!

Elliot
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Align LHG 60ad - 60ghz

Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:34 pm

Hi,
Bumping this thread. Are these obvious / dumb questions or doesn't anyone know the answers? I'm really curious to what these stats exactly mean. Thanks!
There's a LHG 60G experience thread, you should ask these questions there, don't be reduntant.

Also Mikrotik released some documentation and video about alligning 60G a while ago :)

Cheers mate