Community discussions

MikroTik App

gotsprings
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Topic Author

Is Mikrotik Wireless support a different department?

Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:23 pm

If I have a problem with Mikrotik wireless... I send support files to support and hear nothing. Weeks and even months go by.

The last time I got a reply on a wireless issue... I got one email per month with "suggestions". I type suggestions... Because they were NOT solutions. It was, "try this"... I tried the "suggestion" it didn't fix anything and I replied back as such. Then a month later I would get another email.

After waiting a month you really think I left your wireless in place that long while, it's not working?

So what's the deal with wireless support?
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so."
Mark Twain

Reinis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: Is Mikrotik Wireless support a different department?

Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:39 pm

Could you please provide your ticket number?

gotsprings
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Topic Author

Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:51 am

My most recent one...

Generated MAY 25th... has not received a single response yet.

I provided the rif file in the initial email.
I then provided a copy paste of the log as the problem was being observed.

Here is the thread that went with it...
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=148817
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so."
Mark Twain

gotsprings
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Topic Author

Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:14 pm

Now that the issue has been clearly identified and reproduced...

What sort of time table can we expect for a fix?

I am sure installers and integrators would love to see some sort of progress reports.

The people I answer too are pretty annoyed, looking at the stacks of Mikrotik wireless that we can't deploy now. Also just waiting for customers to come back and demand replacement for the already installed units, if or when they trip over this problem (that can only be fixed by replacing the Mikrotik wireless with other vendors.)
Mark Twain

Kerbia
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:01 am

I can tell you what's happening next, if anything happens.
They'll tell you that they didn't receive any of your Emails. At least that's the usual answer they give in the forums.
And then sometimes they all of a sudden are able to send an answer to the not-received Emails.
Devices are great if they're working. If they're not, you'll be standing in the rain with MikroTik's regular support.

gotsprings
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Topic Author

Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:34 pm

Several new firmwares have been released... Gave them a try... Problem is still there.

Now I get to start all over learning another wifi vendor.
Mark Twain

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:39 pm

The conclusion is that a particularly high interference is causing your issue. How do you think this can be easily/quickly fixed by us?
No answer to your question? How to write posts

gotsprings
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Topic Author

Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:06 pm

The conclusion is that a particularly high interference is causing your issue. How do you think this can be easily/quickly fixed by us?
Normis,

As I, and a other people on this forum have found... It's not that uncommon an occurrence.

And an immediate fix is to replace the Mikrotik wireless with another vendor.

So that means the problem can be fixed.
Mark Twain

gotsprings
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Topic Author

Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:23 pm

And please keep in mind lots of users have posted about the constant connect disconnects that show up as station leaving... Or what ever it was. And people have reported that one for years to no avail.

In the case of this ticket... I had another problem with Mikrotik wireless that I took the time to document and send in how I got there for support to look at it. Let us not forget that the ticket went ignored until I posted about it here.
Mark Twain

vgdorneles
just joined

Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:45 am

Just to strengthen the doubt.

I use hAP mini as CPE. I have several "Release 1" and "Release 2" with version 6.40.9, no problem.

Due to the factory version of the firmware, I had to start using a newer version. At 6.42.12, Wifi just didn't work. It was several disconnects for no reason. And it didn't matter what setting I put. I moved on and updated the version for the 6.43.16.

Now, using 6.43.16, some hAP mini (all Relase 2) reach 80Mbps wireless troughput, some 40Mbps, some rare 2Mbps. Of course, this in the same scenario.

In the office, with an AC 6.43.14 cAP, there are often random disconnects for no reason.

I've really spent a lot of time trying to figure out what's going on. I think I'll start sending support.

gotsprings
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Topic Author

Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:19 pm

Logged into my one and only restaurant/bar Caps-System, in the middle of an American Football Game. (They agreed to be the Guinea Pigs when they compared the cost to the Ruckus System at their other store.)
3 cAP AC and 1 hAP AC2 as the main router.

I might as well have 2.4 turned off. 2.4 only clients can't connect or stay connected for more than a few seconds. Anything that actually connects to the 2.4 roams to the 5 Gig immediately... probably because the clients can't reach anything and roam.

5 Gig works fine. Carrying 44 clients right now.
Mark Twain