Community discussions

MUM Europe 2020

liangzhihao
just joined
Topic Author

some question for mesh networking

Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:37 am

I have a few pieces of routerboard(RB912UAG-5HPnD), I want to build the mesh networking,I found some information in Wiki and finished the configuration of mesh networking. But I found mesh networking is very unstable, when I use only 4 pieces, it is stable to set up a mesh network in close range, When I added three more pieces to expand the coverage a little further, I found that all routerboards would have a relatively large delay, or even disconnect completely, and would not recover for a long time. I mainly observed the connection through the Ping package. Low-latency communications occur only occasionally, and most of the time, all routerboards have very large latency.

All of my routerboards are basically visible, without wall barriers, mainly within the 100-meter diameter range, and individual routerboards may be moving.

then,my questions is as follow:

first, What other settings should I optimize to improve the quality of mesh networks?

second,What is the maximum number of mesh nodes? Are there any special points to note when deploying mesh terminal locations?

third, I hope that all the APs of mesh networking are mobile. Can we build a stable mesh network?

fourth, Whether RB911G-5HPnD supports mesh networking as AP Bridge?

wenchuan
just joined

Re: some question for mesh networking

Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:02 pm

you try static mesh