Community discussions

MicrotikUser
just joined
Topic Author

Guest Wi-Fi Captive Portal Setup

Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:48 pm

So recently I created a guest Wi-Fi network witthin a VLAN. A few days ago I got the idea of employing a Captive Portal with a EULA that users would need to accept to be granted access to the Wi-Fi. I’ve looked around the internet on how to do this with Router OS but all I found were tutorials on Hotspots and not formal Wi-Fi networks. What I’m looking to achieve is what you may see in a coffee shop for example. When a user logs into this Wi-Fi network their presented with a page with a EULA, and then a button that says "Accept". If the user fails to push accept the guest Wi-Fi will not work for them. It’s entirely possible that Router OS is not able to do this alone, and web server of sorts would be needed. Any help on this project would be greatly appreciated. :-D

Router OS Ver: 6.44.3

Tutorial used to create Wi-Fi in a VLAN: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZJ-pM89N7o

mducharme
Trainer
Trainer

Re: Guest Wi-Fi Captive Portal Setup  [SOLVED]

Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:20 pm

You can accomplish this with the hotspot feature in MikroTik - edit the login page to remove the "username" and "password" prompts, add the EULA, and rename the "Connect as Guest" link to "Accept EULA"