Community discussions

CroFish
just joined
Topic Author

Problem with GrooveA 52 AC, pls help

Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:15 pm

Hallo, Mikrotik members,

Today I got a new Groove GA 52 ACN delivered, and wanted to use it as a simple home 2.4Ghz access point. As I already have Omnitik 5AC which was set up in 3 minutes, I thought it will be same case with this one. But no. Last 4 hours drove me crazy.

So, I connected it via poe adapter directly to my laptop, I use web settings, go to "home AP", choose 2GHz band, set wifi name and password, right side set to "auto", turn on dhcp and leave it deafult (0.0.0.0.), set IP address to 192.168.89.1 and try to apply. After each apply the groove just cuts off, I can't connect to it any more and new settings aren't being applied, so I have to do hard reset to connect to device again. Actually no matter what kind of setup i try to do, after applying it is impossible to connect again without a hard reset.

Actually, I managed to get it work as 5GHz AP once but even after that it was impossible to enter the settings again, both via ethernet or wifi.

Could you please help me with this? I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or I got a bad device..
Obviously, I'm not an networking expert but this should be so simple and it just doesn't work.

Thanks in advance