Community discussions

ranscurt
just joined
Topic Author

Single VLAN Bridge to Bridge

Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:59 am

So I have a Mikrotik RB 3011 in my current test environment and I am trying to get VLAN 40 which is tagged at the AP connected to my Staff Bridge 192.168.x.x/24 to take dhcp from the Guest bridge 172.16.x.x/23. I have easily set up vlan to work on the same bridge, or by adding a switch external to the RB to get the VLAN to cross over at the switch. But I would like to be able to get the VLAN to traverse the bridges on the mikrotik itself if possible. Searched the forums and tried a few things, gave up for awhile and now coming back to it. I am sure it is a config setting that I am just missing and any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

CZFan
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Single VLAN Bridge to Bridge

Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:37 am

You should be looking at using a single bridge, then separating the staff and guest networks using VLAN's and firewall rules.

Below article should help
https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:Bridge_VLAN_Table
MTCNA, MTCTCE, MTCRE & MTCINE

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Single VLAN Bridge to Bridge  [SOLVED]

Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:25 pm

Another excellent reference.........
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=143620
I'd rather manage rats than software. Follow my advice at your own risk! (Sob & mkx forced me to write that!)

ranscurt
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Single VLAN Bridge to Bridge

Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:54 pm

Thanks for all the replies, sadly nothing answering the actual question, but I think it just reinforces that I have to keep doing it the way I already am, and that what I was trying to do isn't really possible, or requires alot of extraneous configuration. Marking the second one as the answer since that post has a lot of good information on VLAN configuration.

Thanks again,
Curtis