Community discussions

aerosmith9110
Topic Author

omnitik 5 POE daisy chaining.

Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:00 am

Hi all,

I am daisy chaining mikrotik devices basically from mt crs328-24p to another poe ap to another poe ap ( at this level poe shows short circuit even if there isn't any and won't power the device.) crs328-24p to power box to omnitik poe to another omnitik poe... Or powerbox to omnitik to omnitik.. I tried different cables from 2 meters to 15 meters ( so not cable or cable voltage / current loss )..... Did anyone able to daisy chain 2 omnitik 5 poe device?

i was able to do switch to powerbox pro to powerbox pro to omnitik 5 poe... but not switch to omnitik 5 poe to omnitik 5 poe ...that is why i am scratching my head..but if you look at the specs ( max out and max out total ) they should be able to do that... taking into account i already adjusted the voltage of the port to which the power box has the same voltage as the omnitik 5 poe...so current / voltage should not yet be a problem...

Short summary:
switch to omnitik 5 poe to omnitik 5 poe = not working
switch to powerbox to omnitik 5 = working
switch to powerbox (loaded with 3x omnitik 5 poe ) to powerbox to omnitik 5 poe (loaded with 3/4x omnitik 5 poe ) = working <----------- this is my stress test if I add one more it will not work ( reboot loop )
So if you daisy chain 2 x omnitik 5 poe the wouldn't work. but you can daisy chain 2 powerbox.

if you look at the specs ( max out and max out total ) they should be able to do that...

any help would be appreciated.