Community discussions

MikroTik App

egonfreire
just joined
Topic Author

Question use mikrotik equipment with unifi

Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:28 pm

Hello guys.
I'm new here and would like to ask a question with you.
I need to deploy a network in a square, 3 Wi-Fi points for people to use the internet with hotspot and authentication on radius server.
Searching the internet, I found the Mikrotik RB750Gr3 and Ubiquiti UAP-AC-Pro my doubt is if these equipments would solve to connect up to 300 people simultaneously, using 3 APs connected to this RB.

I'm leaving attached to this post, as I think of structuring the network.
https://imgur.com/JI33CRZ

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Question use mikrotik equipment with unifi

Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:46 pm

For RB750Gr3 it's not so important the number of wireless clients, more important is how active those clients will be ... in particular number of open connections. If those clients will be decently non-active, they'd have a few thousand connections in total open at any given time ... which is not a problem for RB750Gr3. Another constraint is cumulative (or WAN) throughput. This router should be fine for routing speeds up to around 300Mbps. Higher than this it might do it or not, depending on particular configuration (firewall rules). With highly optimal firewall rules it may be able to saturate it's 1Gbps ethernet interface but this scenario is highly unlikely.