Community discussions

benniebez
just joined
Topic Author

Wireless repeater with its own DHCP

Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:14 pm

Thanking you in advance.

I need to connect network A and B together using a MT cAP ac. Network A has existing wifi and DHCP provided by a fibre WAN router with IP range 192.198.0.0/24.
Network B only has ethernet. I need to install the MT on Network B, repeating Network A's wifi using a different SSID and the MT must also provide DHCP to Network B on ethernet and wifi with the range 192.168.8.0/24.
Devices on Network A and B should not see each other and obviously Network B is getting internet access from Network A's gateway.

We have a tight timeline and need to resolve this as soon as possible. I don't like to be spoonfed, but good advice, pointers and config will be much appreciated.

krafg
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: Wireless repeater with its own DHCP  [SOLVED]

Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:08 am

Put your wireless interface as Station, use DHCP client, masquerade network, create you own LAN segment with DHCP server, create a virtualAP to propagate the signal using the same interface and bridge both wireless adapters (physical and virtual). Do not forget fisrt create the virtualAP and the bridge to apply all layer 3 configurations to the bridge interface.

Regards.

benniebez
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Wireless repeater with its own DHCP

Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:24 pm

Thanks krafg.

I set the MT wlan1 as pseudo-station, created security profiles for Network A wifi and Network B wifi. wlan1 was configured as repeater for Network A. Virtual wlan I configured as SSID NetworkB. I created bridge1 and added all ports. I created DHCP Client for bridge1 and everything then worked, but only with Network A DHCP IP's.

I then created bridge2 and removed all ports except wlan1 from bridge1 and added them to bridge2. I created DHCP Server on bridge2 with my Network B IP range. Finally I added NAT masquerade and all is working.

I appreciate your help.