Community discussions

Stewart
just joined
Topic Author

SXTsq 5 ac short link performance issue

Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:37 pm

I'm using a pair of SXTsq 5 ac to bring cable broadband to a location where service is unavailable. Contract speed is 400/20, speed tests with wired connection consistently show ~420/21 Mbps.

However, try as I might, I can't get more than ~250 Mbps across the link. Distance is ~110 m, clean line of sight (clear Fresnel zone) except that the AP end is behind a single-pane uncoated glass window. Both ends are precisely aligned. The AP end is configured as Bridge and has a simple NAT router configuration. The station end is configured as Station Bridge and is a simple bridge. I'e tried adjusting power levels and switching channels (among other things), to no avail.

I've ruled out resource issues. When downloading ~200 Mbps, CPU usage is ~9% (AP) and ~2% (station). CCQ is usually 99 or 100%, never below 95%. UDP Bandwidth test (run on station in receive or transmit mode) gives ~450 Mbps.

I suspect interference from neighboring devices, though it seems unlikely because the issue persists in the wee morning hours. While it's conceivable that a neighbor might have 24/7 traffic (security cameras uploading to cloud, file sharing, infected, etc.), I have trouble on both 5.2 and 5.8 GHz and it's hard to believe that both are continuously polluted.

Here is a scan from the station:
scan.png
AP # 0 is of course the one to which I'm connecting. APs # 1, 5, 6, 7 and 10 are mine and were idle during this test. APs # 2/3, 4, 8, 9 and 11 belong to neighbors.

How can I tell how much time the AP is spending deferring to other transmissions? How can I tell how many packets were garbled by collisions with other transmissions?

Besides interference from neighbors, what other factors could be causing poor throughput?

Thanks in advance for any guidance.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mistry7
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: SXTsq 5 ac short link performance issue

Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:42 pm

In this polluted Spectrum you better Buyed the 60Ghz Wap, with this you get 1Gbit