Community discussions

MikroTik App

Xorcist
just joined
Topic Author

Regular Wireless Drops

Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:12 pm

Just in the last week my hAP ac2 (only a month old) has begun to drop my wireless signal regularly (I have it setup as an access point).

This is what the logs show:
Logs.png
Oddly enough, I get drops on my devices connected to the 5G which is wlan2, despite seeing wlan1 with timeouts and disassoc in the logs.

Any idea what might be causing this.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Xorcist
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Regular Wireless Drops

Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:58 am

Two months later and I'm still haven't sorted this issue out. Devices (phone, tablets, laptops) regularly just disconnect from the 5G network, most reconnect within seconds though (though sometime the laptops take a minute or two).They don't all appear to disconnect at the same time, anyone have any clue were I should looking to try and resolve this. This is a real pain when I'm VPNed and double RDPed into a remote system while on a meeting for work and everything just drops.

heidarren
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:57 am

I had this issue before, what I did is reduce the TX power to 23 and antenna gain 2(both 2.4G and 5G), set basic rate to 12mbps for both 2.4G and 5G, increase the group key update to 00:55:00, increase DHCP lease time to 12:00:00, disable Multicast helper. After all, now my clients keep connection for few days (something like 5d 08:53:26, not sure how long it can goes since I do restart every few day) without any disconnection.

marisspringis
just joined

Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:28 am

i had the same problem but only with ios devices
tried allmost everything what i could find but in the end what helped for me was - installed 6.44.6 long term
not sure why but that fixed the problem and now reassociating happens once every few days