Community discussions

dmitriykuptsov
just joined
Topic Author

Mikrotik-Total-Limit does not work

Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:44 am

Hello everyone,

I am trying to implement billing using MikroTik and RADIUS server. Using RADIUS protocol I am sending Mikrotik-Total-Limit attribute (in Access-Accept packet) so that NAS (MikroTik) will know how much bytes the client is allowed to send and receive. But for some reason, MikroTik does not send Accounting-Stop packet when the number of bytes transmitted and received reaches the threshold. Can someone help me out with this problem? What am I doing wrong?
Last edited by dmitriykuptsov on Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dmitriykuptsov
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Mikrotik-Total-Limit does not work

Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:03 am

By the way, I am using MikroTik as RADIUS client in EAP-TTLS setting.

dmitriykuptsov
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:32 pm

Just in case, I am attaching tcpdump capture. In the RADIUS Access-Accept packet, you can find the Mikrotik-Total-Limit attribute which was set by the RADIUS server.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by dmitriykuptsov on Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.

dmitriykuptsov
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:25 pm

And finally, I am attaching logs from MikroTik. As one can see from the screenshot, the MT-Total-Limit was set correctly on MikroTik.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.