MikroTik App

angriukas
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

SXT 4G kit setup

Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:52 pm

Hello,

few days ago had the pleasure to setup 'SXT 4G kit' device, ROS 6.44.6.
Installed two SIM cards (from different operators).
After speed testing:
Operator Tele2, band 7, 2850 - download/upload speed pretty normal, in rage of 80/40Mbps
Operator Telia, band 7, 3050 - download speed is bad, about 5-6Mbps, upload speed pretty normal, about 40Mbps.
Upgraded modem firmware to latest version - still same results.
In same location I put same SIM's to my phone - in both cases got acceptable speed, about 80/40Mbps.
Does anybody could explain why 'SXT 4G kit' download speed depends from operator in the same band? Is that possible?
Thanks.

krafg
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: SXT 4G kit setup

Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:23 pm

How is your signal levels with the second operator? Remember that SXT have a directional antenna and is probably that with the second operator works better the built-in antenna or your smartphone that the SXT antenna.

Anyway, if you want a backup link, I recommend using one device that supports 2 miniPCIe LTE cards (Like LtAP [not mini], or RBM33G) or use 2 devices that supports 1 miniPCIe LTE cards (Like 2 SXT LTE kit, or 1 SXT + 1 LHG).

Regards.

angriukas
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Re: SXT 4G kit setup

Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:18 am

Agree, the only explanation I see - SXT antenna (or modem) working not so well for exactly this frequency.
Signal level was OK in both cases. Direction also was taken into account.
Kind of lottery - never know about device compatibility with operator even chosen correct bands.