Community discussions

MUM Europe 2020

kvan64
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Integrated PayPal payment feature

Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:06 am

Hi, If I am not wrong then this feature has already been done. However, for some reasone I can not find it using winbox. Which version of MT RouterOS has this? Is there an instruction to configure it in winbox? Ta

balimore
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: Integrated PayPal payment feature

Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:27 am

Hi, If I am not wrong then this feature has already been done. However, for some reasone I can not find it using winbox. Which version of MT RouterOS has this? Is there an instruction to configure it in winbox? Ta
----
yes...
as far as i know, with newest version is containing paypall system, and for config it you must from console [CLI] first than go to userman web interface.... maybe future mikrotik will do that from winbox, but i am so sorry, i don't need integrity to them [paypall system]...maybe later i will plan it.
here i used userman without payment system integrity..
to find it documents visit this link http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/User_Manager

regards
Hasbullah.com
----

cmacneill
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:11 pm

The documentation could be a little clearer, it's one of those procedures that's blindingly obvious once you've successfully done it, but clear as mud initially. The key is to understanding the installation/configuration process is that User Manager is an independent Web based package, not via Winbox or Webbox.
  • 1. Install the User Manager package by FTPing to MT router.

2. Reboot router.

3. Using the CLI either locally via keyboard or via telnet add the first user, e.g. /tool user-manager customer add login="admin"
    password="adminpassword" permissions=owner

4. Now the vital step, using a Web Browser go to http://x.x.x.x/userman, where x.x.x.x is a valid IP address on the router, login using the userid and password created in step 3.
Regards

Chris Macneill

kvan64
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:10 pm

Chris, I think I need help with step 3. Ta

cmacneill
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:38 pm

kvan64,

If your MT router is PC (x86) based then either Telnet into the system or use a keyboard and monitor connected directly to the PC.

If your router is RouterBoard based, then your only option is to Telnet in. I think it also has a serial console port, but as all my MT's are currently PC based, you would need to refer to the documentation on how to use a serial console port, it's much easier to use Telnet.

You can use the Telnet option in Winbox to connect to the CLI.

Once you've logged in at the CLI (Command Line Interface) using your admin password then type in:-
/tool user-manager customer add login="admin" password="adminpassword" permissions=owner
but of course substitute whatever username and password you want to use. Only change the parameters in quotes, everything else must be exactly as shown above.

This creates an admin user that is specific to User Manager and is completely independent of the admin userid for Winbox and Webbox.

If this doesn't sort you out, please elaborate on your problems, it's hard to guess what's wrong as I can't see your monitor from here!! :)

Regards

Chris Macneill

kvan64
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:58 pm

That's fair enough Chris :D
Now I could not find the User manager package for RouterBoard. Can I use the one listed under Test Packages for PC? I have an RB153
Ta

balimore
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:33 pm

Tha....................kage for RouterBoard. Can I use the one listed under Test Packages for PC? I have an RB153
Ta
---
no,
i recommend to you, better user-manager plan to pc-router, when you plan to routerboard is not enough resources next databases for.

regards
Hasbullah.com
---

cmacneill
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:52 pm

You definately can't use the x86 files on an R153, it has a MIPS processor. you have to use code specifically compiled for the RouterBoard modules.

I don't user RouterBoard systems yet, just PCs, so I haven't tried installing it myself on those systems, but I would tend to agree with Balimore, use a PC.

The Wiki http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/User_Mana ... d#Download says this:-
MikroTik User Manager can be downloaded from the MikroTik download page: MikroTik User Manager The User Manager package is included in the all package file named "Separate packages for Netinstall".
Regards

Chris Macneill

kvan64
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:00 am

Phew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lucky that I have not done any damages to my board or settings.

I tried the Walled-garden settings to let paypal through but it didn't work. I left it overnight and it compromised the hotspot setting - hotspot login was completely bypassed. I must be very thick not to be able to do a simple thing like setting up the walled-garden feature :!:

cmacneill
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:02 am

Are you using Webbox or Winbox to configure your router? I found that using Webbox seemed to overwrite some settings that it shouldn't, so I now only use Winbox or the CLI.

Don't worry, you're just going through the intial pain barrier. I've been working with networks for 20+ years and it took me some 4-6 weeks of hard slog to really understand RouterOS. It's a shame that the documentation assumes more than a basic knowledge of the system and many of the examples just don't work. Once you get to know RouterOS it's by far the best product on the market, it's just the poor documentation which spoils it. Maybe when I have some time I'll start editing the Wiki to improve it.

The main problem is the baisc documentation from MikroTik doesn't explain things. Yes, evey command is documented, but it doesn't explain how everything connects together to make a useable system.

Regards

Chris Macneill

balimore
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:20 am

Are y...............gether to make a useable system.

Regards

Chris Macneill
----
yes,
as far as i remember, i drunk much coffee to make understand basic of routerOS, yes and yes don't worry i love it mikrotik's, cos with them i can config as i want and will do. but, they need some coffee while read the manuals or attanding to the MUM.
normally every MUM events or tranning. i want to go to there, but i don't have time. i believed with that events you will quick to understood.

regards
Hasbullah.com
----