Community discussions

MUM Europe 2020

JKring
just joined
Topic Author

Can Wireless Wire substitute gap in fibre from isp?

Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:55 am

Hi
I'm new to this forum but found a Mikrotik Product that I think can help me with my problem and want to hear your comments.

The hoa where I live installed fibers ducts about 15 years ago but the owner of my house never connected to it.
After we bought the house and tried do install fiber it was discovered that something blocked the duct somewhere along the way and the hoa say that I have to do all the work myself to repair it and for any suggested method I have to supply written permission from the owners of the incoming fiber trunk and affected neighbors etc.

Now, I only have 79 meters to the where the duct starts so I had the idea to use Mikrotik Wireless Wire to bridge the gap so to speak.

Does this product work if I set it up like this?
<fiber> - <fiber converter> - <RBLHGG-60adkit> ----- <RBLHGG-60adkit> - <router> - <home lan>

Looking forward to your comments.

Zacharias
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Can Wireless Wire substitute gap in fibre from isp?  [SOLVED]

Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:50 pm

Yes. Either wireless wire or wireless wire dish.

JKring
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Can Wireless Wire substitute gap in fibre from isp?

Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:38 pm

Just to be clear.

The unit does not need IP addresses to communicate?
I want my external IP to be in my router and not in the first Wireless Wire unit.

Also, realised I wrote the wrong product code. I'm planning to use RBwAPG-60adkit.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:52 am

You can do as you wish, the devices are fully configurable, but the default configuration out of the box is just like you need. It is configured as a transparent bridge. Plug one into one router, plug the other into the other router (or switch, PC, anywhere) and they will connect. They will act as if you have plugged a wire between those places, they will be invisible.
No answer to your question? How to write posts

gotsprings
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:53 pm

Clear line of site and proper aim is a must thou.
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so."
Mark Twain