Community discussions

MikroTik App

kirpi
just joined
Topic Author

hap ac Singapore region lock

Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:41 am

Hi,

I just got a hap ac device. At the wireless part , the frequency only regulatory-domain and country is only Singapore, no other country can be selected.
I remember reading there are two version of these devices, US and International. Can anyone help me understand if this device is Singapore locked or not??

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: hap ac Singapore region lock

Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:50 am

There are also other region locks. You must use the device in accordance to your local law. If you plan to use devices in other countries, you can ask your distributor to instruct you in this case.

kirpi
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:55 am

Where can I find the distributor for the Mikrotik in Singapore?

Because a guy from a local company (sublimetelecom or a similar name) whom I spoke, claims that their company is the authorised distributor for Mikrotik in SG and they are not selling region locked devices. I need to check if this guy's company is really a distributor or not.

Thanks in advance.

kristsd

Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:17 pm

You are able to see if the seller is official distributor here - https://mikrotik.com/buy

muetzekoeln
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:43 pm

There are also other region locks.

Please, can you post a list?
I would also like to know if there are plans for ETSI or DE (Germany) region locks.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:06 pm

Each seller can implement them according to local regulations. MikroTik doesn't control them centrally.

r00t
Long time Member
Long time Member

Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:35 pm

So there are multiple region locked devices but you can't even talk about it and list the affected countries? What a mess...
This is rather annoying, it makes buying gear online quite risky, because getting wrong region locked device is often as close as having it bricked on arrival.
There should be some official requirement to mandate stating any region locks when selling device for all certified sellers, otherwise you don't really know what you are buying and you are at the mercy of seller to possibly accept refund or return of the device. This is ALWAYS an problem and huge hassle and it's best to do everything to avoid such situation...

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:55 pm

MikroTik is manufacturing devices, MikroTik has no information about end users.
Each distributor is responsible to follow local laws for distribution, advertisement, certification etc. The shop where you buy the device can tell you about any restrictions.

kirpi
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:03 pm

MikroTik is manufacturing devices, MikroTik has no information about end users.
Each distributor is responsible to follow local laws for distribution, advertisement, certification etc. The shop where you buy the device can tell you about any restrictions.
Thank you for your response.