MikroTik App

razvan_fzl
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Need HELP 3 0 K m L I N K

Fri May 18, 2007 11:56 pm

Hi,

I need a link of 30 Km! I bought two piece of SR 5, 2 P4@1500Mhz! I intend to use dishes of 120 cm offset or should I use prime focus?! How large will be the bandwidth? I will appreciate also the configuration of the software as an example!

Best regards

bushy
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sat May 19, 2007 12:55 am

Have a look through

http://www.mikrotik.com/testdocs/ros/2. ... reless.php

then put in your own values to suit yourself. It will be way easier to understand if you set up the two boxes near each other with small antennas at home/workshop etc and sort them out there.

nickb

Tue May 22, 2007 7:50 am

I second Bushy, you really need to just set it up on your desk first with some small antennas and play with the settings. Get it working how you want it to work, THEN go out and hang them on your towers. Otherwise, you'll just be flopping around like a fish on the deck trying to get it to work.

To answer your question, provided you have good radio LOS you should be able to get 20Mbps or so through that link.

If you don't know if you have good radio LOS, you need to google for "radio mobile deluxe", which can tell you everything you need to know about your point to point link.