Community discussions

MikroTik App

Adam McLaughlin
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Why is this WDS link performing so poorly?

Tue May 22, 2007 12:47 am

Hey Everyone,

Why would a WDS link have such a hard time performing when the signal levels are at -64??

My TX/RX speeds are at 5.5 mbps, and 1 mpbs respectively.

My CCQ values are at 55/13 for TX / RX.

The AP is a MikroTik RB 532 with a SR2... The WDS station is a RB532/564 with two SR2s and two XR2. One of the SR2s are the station radio, while the other radio cards are client A.P. units.

I have the WDS configuration set for the station and the AP to be in Dynamic, with the WDS bridge is configured to be the same general bridge as the unit, i.e.

the station bridges all wireless devices together, and this is the same as the WDS bridge

And the config is identical to the A.P. the A.P. is bridging the ethernet port to the wireless card....

Anyone have any suggestions why this is working so poorly?

Adam

support(at)pogowave.com
[/img]

babyface
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Tue May 22, 2007 1:47 am

I'm not sure, but two 400mW and two 600mW cards in 2.4Ghz placed in the same box isn't the better way to do the things...

Adam McLaughlin
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Tue May 22, 2007 4:10 am

We did order some backhaul gear for 5 Ghz... It is on back-order from streakwave.

As soon as the backhaul gear shows, then we can get away from this WDS station stuff.

I swapped out the SR2 at the AP for a R52.

I will do the same thing out at the remote station, see if this makes it any better.

Adam