Community discussions

MikroTik App

omarraza
Topic Author

connect to Mikrotik router through TP-Link router (WDS)

Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:57 am

we have two houses which we use the same internet. from another house he uses Mikrotik router to share the internet by 2.4GHZ, I can connect the Mikrotik router by using PC, Mobile, Tablet without any problem but I want to connect it through my TP-Link router through survey (WDS bridge) search, I can input their wifi name and put the password of it and also I disable DHCP server from TP-Link router and set my ip address to the same Range of MikroTik's Ip range but When it needs to restart the TP-Link to connect it after reboot it cannot connect to it.
My tplink model > Model No. TL-WR940N/TL-WR941ND
please help me why I can connect to the Mikrotik router through my phone but I cannot connect to it through my TP-Link router.

Zacharias
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: connect to Mikrotik router through TP-Link router (WDS)

Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:57 pm

You do not provide enough information....
Set Mikrotik to AP Bridge Mode in your wireless configuration and under the WDS tab set it to Dynamic for your Bridge Interface...
After that you must enable the WDS client mode for the TP-Link as well...
Notice though, this might not work, wds will most probably work within the same brand...

In case it does not work...you will have to set your TP-Link to some kind of client/station mode without WDS...