Community discussions

MikroTik App

bakadave
Topic Author

CAPsMAN radio not setting up correctly

Sun Apr 19, 2020 3:35 am

Hello,

I have a RB951G-2HnD running CAPsMAN and connected to ether3 is a CAP Lite behind a switch. The CAPsMAN router is running two bridges (for private and guest network) separated by VLANs and I want the CAP Lite to broadcast two wifi networks and tag traffic according to private/public network.
CAPsMAN config:
#RB951G-2HnD
/caps-man
add band=2ghz-b/g/n control-channel-width=10mhz extension-channel=Ce frequency=2412 name=ch1-2ghz-20Ce
add band=2ghz-b/g/n control-channel-width=10mhz extension-channel=Ce frequency=2435 name=ch5-2ghz-20Ce
/caps-man datapath
add arp=enabled bridge=bridge-management client-to-client-forwarding=no local-forwarding=yes name=datapath_private vlan-id=200 vlan-mode=use-tag
add arp=enabled bridge=bridge-public client-to-client-forwarding=no local-forwarding=yes name=datapath_public vlan-id=100 vlan-mode=use-tag
/caps-man security
add authentication-types=wpa2-psk encryption=aes-ccm group-encryption=aes-ccm name=privat
add name=public
/caps-man configuration
add channel=ch1-2ghz-20Ce country=hungary datapath=datapath_private mode=ap name=config_private security=privat ssid=test1
add channel=ch1-2ghz-20Ce country=hungary datapath=datapath_public mode=ap name=config_public security=public ssid=test2
/caps-man manager
enabled=yes
/caps-man manager interface
add disabled=no interface=bridge-management
add disabled=no interface=bridge-public
add disabled=no forbid=yes interface=ether1-gateway
/caps-man provisioning
add action=create-dynamic-enabled comment="CAP_Lite test1" master-configuration=config_public radio-mac=C4:AD:34:31:91:9D slave-configurations=config_private

CAP config
/interface bridge
add admin-mac=C4:AD:34:31:91:9C auto-mac=no comment=defconf name=bridge
/interface wireless
# managed by CAPsMAN
# channel: 2412/10-Ce/gn(18dBm), SSID: test2, local forwarding
set [ find default-name=wlan1 ] band=2ghz-b/g/n channel-width=20/40mhz-XX country=hungary disabled=no installation=indoor mode=ap-bridge ssid=MikroTik-31919D
# managed by CAPsMAN
# SSID: test1, local forwarding
add disabled=no mac-address=C6:AD:34:31:91:9D master-interface=wlan1 mode=station name=wlan2
/interface wireless security-profiles
set [ find default=yes ] supplicant-identity=MikroTik
/ip hotspot profile
set [ find default=yes ] html-directory=flash/hotspot
/interface bridge port
add bridge=bridge comment=defconf interface=ether1
add bridge=bridge comment=defconf interface=wlan1
/interface wireless cap
# 
set bridge=bridge caps-man-addresses=10.10.200.251 caps-man-certificate-common-names=CAPsMAN-D4CA6D06F2C6 certificate=CAP-C4AD3431919C discovery-interfaces=wlan1 enabled=yes interfaces=wlan1 \
    lock-to-caps-man=yes static-virtual=yes
/ip dhcp-client
add comment=defconf disabled=no interface=bridge
/system clock
set time-zone-name=Europe/Budapest
As can be seen even in the export, the SSID does not get changed, and the network is not visible to devices. I have added firewall rules to open ports 5246 and 5247 and honestly I'm out of ideas. I have attached some screenshots and the network topology.

I hope my question wasn't too hard to understand, it's pretty late when I'm writing this.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: CAPsMAN radio not setting up correctly

Sun Apr 19, 2020 2:03 pm

A few problems with your config:
  1. in datapath setting, when using local-forwarding, the bridge= setting doesn't matter (AFAIK). And if it does, it refers to bridge on cAP device (not CAPsMAN)
  2. at the same time VLAN settings have to be in place on all involved devices (cAP, CAPsMAN, any switches in between). You didn't post full config of MTs so I can't tell if that part is OK or not.
  3. in manager interface you have to enable manager on the device over which it is possible to perform management tasks if cAP (you didn't post full config so I can't tell which it is)
  4. if cAP and CAPsMAN are in the same ethernet domain (i.e. no routing needs to be done to pass IP packets between both of them) and everything is done correctly, then it's not needed to set capsman address on cAP over discovery interface (and that's drfinitely not wlan1 as that one is provisioned by wlan1 ... your discovery interface is likely ether1).

Probably there are (many) more problems and errors. And network layout you shown in the attached picture doesn't help because it refers to devices not mentioned in your text ...

bakadave
Topic Author

Re: CAPsMAN radio not setting up correctly

Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:55 pm

Turns out the SSID in the CAP's Wireless page is not the actual SSID that gets broadcast. Managed to have it working, I'll upload the config sometime. Thank you for your help.