Community discussions

MikroTik App

Borage
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Router has been disconnected (WinBox)

Mon May 28, 2007 5:28 pm

I'm trying to configure one of our router's with WinBox over a wireless link, but I always get the error messages "Router has been disconnected". It's very difficult to use WinBox when it disconnects from the router every 30 seconds. My wireless link is very stable, and I have a ping time between 1-2 milliseconds. I can see a 2 second delay every 30 seconds If I perform a continuous ping test over the wireless link. I also get the following message in the MikroTik log "wlan1: data from unknown device 00:0F:EA:8E:AA:11, sent deauth". I also tried from a distance of five meters with the same result.

The router has atheros based WLAN cards and my computer where I'm trying to configure the router has SiS chipset. Is there some settings I can try, or do I need atheros based WLAN cards in both ends?

cmacneill
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: Router has been disconnected (WinBox)

Tue May 29, 2007 12:33 am

Which Atheros card are you using? Some makes have been reported to cause problems with RouterOS.

Regards

Chris Macneill

jo2jo
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Tue May 29, 2007 5:46 am

we need to know your RSSI , Noise floor, CCQ numbers and some more info about your setup.

my experience has shown me that you need more than 4 seconds of connectivy loss for winbox to drop...some times less or more..but ive seen up to 10-15 sec when chaning modes ect.å

Borage
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Tue May 29, 2007 8:29 am

Which Atheros card are you using? Some makes have been reported to cause problems with RouterOS.
I'm not sure, but according to the vendor code (mac address) it seems to be a WLAN card from Giga-Byte Technology. I solved my problem by connecting through a MikroTik router with a WLAN card from Atheros.

Client --- Wired Connection ---> MikroTik Router ---> Wireless Connection ---> MikroTik router

It was obviously something wrong with the WLAN card in my client computer.

@jo2jo

TX/RX Signal Strength= 0/-64 dBm
TX/RX CCQ = 14/0
Noise-floor = -99 dBm

The setup is a very simple transparent bridge and everything is set to default except from band, frequency, names and passwords. My experience with WinBox has shown that even the slightest delay will disconnect the router. It's very annoying since it render this way of configuring MikroTik completely useless. Fortunately, you can still use ssh to do the configuration.

UniKyrn
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue May 29, 2007 8:40 am

Start with figuring out what device has that MAC address shown in the error message. That error is usually warning you that the radio received a packet with a source MAC that wasn't authorized to talk to it.

kvan64
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed May 30, 2007 8:16 am

This happened to me too. Since I used IP connection. The proplem is gone! Just replace your MAC address with the router's IP to connect with winbox. Cheers