Community discussions

MikroTik App

user20171204
just joined
Topic Author

Help in Configuration of CAPsMAN

Mon May 04, 2020 10:02 pm

Hi,

I have recently bought a hAP AC2 and one wAP.

After hard workto get the VLAN configuration working for the ethernet ports I started to configure the WLAN via CAPsMAN for both units.

So far the WLAN is working and both WLAN SSIDS are working in separate VLANs and it is provisioned to both APs.

But still I have some questions and problems.
1. The WLAN is only provisioned for the WLAN2 (5GHz) interface.
a) Do I have to define for each channel (2 or 5 GHz) one dedicated provision?
b) What is the correct country setting for Germany? There are three different options.
c) Is the setting "Any" instead of "Indoor" and "Outdoor" correct as the hAP is indoor and the WAP is outdoor?
d) I have significant loss in signal strength after about 6 meters with some wardrobe and one drywall between. Is this normal for 5GHz or do I have to define the bands and bandwith in detail?

2. My old iPhone5s is not connecting to these APs. I read that you have to modify the configuration but I could not find the corresponding seetings in the winbox GUI for CAPsMAN.

3. Some discussion in this forum mention that the CAPsMAN is reducing the performance of the WLAN. Is this also valid if you have "Local forwarding" and "Client to Client forwarding" on "true"?

Attached you will find the configuration export:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

loveman

Re: Help in Configuration of CAPsMAN

Tue May 05, 2020 9:58 am

In your question:
d) I have significant loss in signal strength after about 6 meters with some wardrobe and one drywall between. Is this normal for 5GHz or do I have to define the bands and bandwith in detail?

I have the same problem, I saw the wireless interface of the same device "cap" without capsman i think the best covering distance is much more farther distances, Do anyone have tips to solve my problem?
My posted here
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=160780

gotsprings
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed May 06, 2020 4:05 pm

Local forwarding will take a large load off your network.

5Ghz doesn't through objects very well.

loveman

Sat May 09, 2020 10:55 am

Local forwarding will take a large load off your network.

5Ghz doesn't through objects very well.
I saw the problem when tested the signal i believe caps signal maybe the weakest signal in a broadcast "cap" when compared to the usual wireless from the same device "cap" so I used the cap RB "951 2n" And the Capsman server RB "2011 uias-2hnd -in" , And I used channel 1 frequency "2412" and TX power (-12), control channel width (20 Mhz) , Band (2ghz-g/n) channel 6 frequency " 2437" and TX power (-12), control channel width (20 Mhz) , Band (2ghz-g/n),
All devices upgrade to last version (6.46.5),
I saw the wireless interface of the same device "cap" without capsman i think the best covering distance is much more farther distances, Do anyone have tips to solve my problem?