Community discussions

MikroTik App

masterx1981
Topic Author

wAP ac LTE kit - slow LTE speed

Mon May 11, 2020 7:54 pm

Hi!
I have an wAP ac LTE kit, i have correctly configured it for my network, but i'm a bit suprised to see that it gives a slowest connection than a huawei portable wifi LTE router.
I have also tried to update routerOS, routerboard firmware and lte modem to the latest versions.
The connection is also less stable in low signal conditions than the huawei portable wifi router. both modems are placed in the same spot.

I've checked for configurations for the LTE modem, but i've found nothing to "tweak".
Waht i can try to do?
Thanks!

ksuuk
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: wAP ac LTE kit - slow LTE speed

Wed May 13, 2020 7:30 pm

Hi!
I have an wAP ac LTE kit, i have correctly configured it for my network, but i'm a bit suprised to see that it gives a slowest connection than a huawei portable wifi LTE router.
I have also tried to update routerOS, routerboard firmware and lte modem to the latest versions.
The connection is also less stable in low signal conditions than the huawei portable wifi router. both modems are placed in the same spot.

I've checked for configurations for the LTE modem, but i've found nothing to "tweak".
Waht i can try to do?
Thanks!
Been there, done that, best suggestion is, either accept the situtation or dump/sell it and buy a decent equipment, for example Ubiquiti.

BTW, in my country, some time ago, Mikrotik was very popular wifi/lte hardware used for ISP -s, but now, despite of the fact that Mikrotik is cheaper, they use only Ubiquiti/Zyxel/Huawei...

masterx1981
Topic Author

Re: wAP ac LTE kit - slow LTE speed

Thu May 14, 2020 12:05 pm

Uh, my bad, i'm so happy to the router os interface... I've used in the past dlink/tplink/etc LTE devices with a lot of configuration shortcomings. So seem that Mikrotik have a nice software, but not so good wireless hardware (and also the signal strenght of the wifi is less than other wifi 2.4/5ghz devices)