Community discussions

MikroTik App

urielka
just joined
Topic Author

Unable to set allow-roaming on R11e-LTE-US

Wed May 27, 2020 4:00 pm

Hi,

I have a LtAP mini LTE kit-US (https://mikrotik.com/product/ltap_mini_lte_kit_us) which has inside a R11e-LTE-US if I understand correctly.

I am trying to set allow-roaming to be enabled in WebFig and also via CLI but after saving it again shows as disabled (checkbox not ticked).
To enable via CLI I did:
/interface lte set lte1 allow-roaming=yes
Still no effect, the SIM is inserted, I tried disabling the device and then setting and enable but no luck.
RouterOS: v6.44.2 (stable)
Modem revision (as shown in LTE interface page): MPSS: R11eL_v16.02.183961 APSS: R11eL_v05.03.183961 CUSTAPP:

How can I enable roaming? is there an AT command?

WeWiNet
Long time Member
Long time Member

Re: Unable to set allow-roaming on R11e-LTE-US

Wed May 27, 2020 5:26 pm

First thing: upgrade SW from the LTap Mini as well as the modem FW (via CLI).
Then I would think you have better chances this works (there have been many LTE related fixes in the various releases up to 6.46.6)

urielka
just joined
Topic Author

Wed May 27, 2020 6:10 pm

This is a device in the field without physical access, what are the chances that after upgrade it will still work?

Should I update the FW first? how do you upgrade the FW for this modem?
What has more chances of fixing it?

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed May 27, 2020 8:50 pm

This is a device in the field without physical access, what are the chances that after upgrade it will still work?

Should I update the FW first? how do you upgrade the FW for this modem?
What has more chances of fixing it?
99% of updating ROS are proper. In 1% we must re-power device and this is clue that device should be reinstalled NAND via NetInstall if he cannot upgrade correctly.

LTE-US not allow you to select band=x or disable by !band . This feature to select band is not supported. viewtopic.php?f=7&t=152114&p=773986&hil ... nd#p750573

Roaming should work. Just before update ROS and bootcode.

WeWiNet
Long time Member
Long time Member

Thu May 28, 2020 10:38 am

Unrelated to the LTE modem moving from 6.44 to 6.46 might be a big step you don't want to do without previous trial.
Do you have same device with that OS that you could try the upgrade to check if non of your settings create an issue in the new version?
If you can not access or repower easily that device I would do a trial first.

On the LTE modem update I see no issue, that is a process quit stable on millions of phones, modems, etc.
but you first need the ROS on the latest version before upgrading to latest LTE FW version.