Community discussions

MikroTik App

dusanm
just joined
Topic Author

routerboard high ping - other AP ok

Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:18 am

I have a strange problem. Have about 20 532 routerboards as AP for 2.4Ghz with another 5.8Ghz card for PtP link. One of the APs started to show really bad performance - clients have pings like 2000 - 2500ms, firstly i changed 2.4ghz card, then whole routerboard, pigtails, cables, antenna...no change :) I also tried to limit the connected clients to just one client which has great signal etc...no change. I tried with another AP (ovislink and linksys) and it works fine (pings like 10ms). The place where this AP is situated is very crowdy...GSM antennas, FM radio antennas, police station antennas etc. But there are also other APs with similar situation and they work fine?

gmsmstr
Trainer
Trainer

Re: routerboard high ping - other AP ok

Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:11 am

Sounds like you may have an interferance issue. Something that only the routerboard is picking up, make sure you have a good pigtail on it, as that could receive interferance where something like, like an intergrated AP may not.

Need Mikrotik Support, contact
Dennis Burgess
St. Louis Network Engineering Services
http://www.mikrotikconsulting.com
dmburgess@mikrotikconsulting.com
Certified Mikrotik Engineer

Purchase hours on-line!

dusanm
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:05 pm

What kind of pigtail is good pigtail? I don't have a lot of choices in my country? :)

gmsmstr
Trainer
Trainer

Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:19 pm

contact wisp-router.com and make sure you are getting the 6gig pigtails, there are some others ,that are VERY slim etc, and they will grab interferance in a hartbeat.

dusanm
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:26 am

Another thing worth mentioning is that my pigtail is completely inside the metal box where routerboard is, while MRC-200/400 cable goes outside to the antenna. Is the metal box enough protection for pigtail or I still should get some other pigtails - these that i use are very slim...like 1mm or something like that, how thick are those you recommend? Maybe MRC-200 cable is the place where interference is grabbed? Is there some shielded or in some other way protected coax cable?

believewireless
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:04 am

If you are using WDS, that is probably the issue. We and several others on this forum are seeing the issue. So solution so far. Contact Mikrotik and see what they say.

dusanm
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:00 pm

i bought those 6ghz pigtails but still nothing :( i managed to make mikrotik work up there, but just 2.4ghz card...i have to use compex access points for 5ghz link to my NOC, so it's not complete solution :(

bushy
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:59 pm

Maybe the routerboard is picking up interference through the ethernet/power cable feeding it and is sensitive to that where the other APs are not.