Community discussions

MikroTik App

Bakary
just joined
Topic Author

I WANT TO CONNECT 2 MIKROTIK AP RBwAP2nND WIRELESSLY AND DISTRIBUE WIRELESS INTERNET CONNECTIVITY FROM 2 nd AP RBw AP2

Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:02 pm

I need help
I WANT TO CONNECT 2 MIKROTIK AP RBwAP2nND WIRELESSLY AND DISTRIBUE WIRELESS INTERNET CONNECTIVITY FROM 2 nd AP RBw AP2nND
config procedure of mikrotik AP RBwAP2nND 1
FIRMEWARE VERSION: 6.40.4
-ip address: 192.168.88.2
-apbridge mode
-password: 123456789
-bridge eth1 wlan1
ssid: mikrotikauto.
4- Eth plug into internet box and it has internet Access
config procedure of mikrotik AP RBwAP2nND 1
i have connect the 2 routers wirelessly by configuring mikrotik2 to as a station to mikrotik1
Mikrotik AP2 ID: RBwAP2nND
FIRMEWARE VERSION: 6.40.4 1
1-IP ADDRESS: 192.168.88.1
2- WIRELESS
Security profile : profile 1
password: 123456789
mode : Station
Frequency :auto
ssid: mikrotikauto.
3-Dhcp client
Wlan1. Mikrotik 2 is connect to mikrotik 1 is guet a ip adress ,
I cheich Mikrotik2 is online.
4 - i have Download wireless-6.40.4-mipsbe.npk and drag an drop in fil list to mikrotik 2
5- after drag and drop, I restart Mikrotik AP2 ID: RBwAP2nND
but after restarting I cannot access the Mikrotik AP2 interface to continue the configuration neither by wifi nor by Ethernet port via web browser or with winbox I need help

mutluit
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: I WANT TO CONNECT 2 MIKROTIK AP RBwAP2nND WIRELESSLY AND DISTRIBUE WIRELESS INTERNET CONNECTIVITY FROM 2 nd AP RBw

Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:40 pm

It is possible to use both devices as APs, even if the 2nd is in station mode.
To be able to wirelessly connect to the station, you need to add a virtual wlan (ie. wlan3) as "ap bridge" to it and configure it accordingly (with own SSID etc).

Why do you need to operate 2 wireless routers in such a configuration? Isn't one enough as AP?

And: you should use the latest stable version (6.47).

If you need to hardware reset your device, then stop pressing the reset button immediately if the lights start blinking. Don't press any longer.

Bakary
just joined
Topic Author

Re: I WANT TO CONNECT 2 MIKROTIK AP RBwAP2nND WIRELESSLY AND DISTRIBUE WIRELESS INTERNET CONNECTIVITY FROM 2 nd AP RBw

Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:55 pm

I want to extend the wifi in an area where there is no cable so I want to connect AP in station mode repeat the wifi

mutluit
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:00 pm

I want to extend the wifi in an area where there is no cable so I want to connect AP in station mode repeat the wifi
Then you need to add AP functionality to the station as said via a virtual wlan3. But I think you cannot use the same SSID, you need to use a different one.

But, it is also possible to use true repeater mode. I haven't done that yet myself. Do a google search on it, there are some videos about it.
For example this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kYJipGK530
It seems one needs to set the MAC address to the same (or SSID)...

Bakary
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:25 pm

ok but currently my biggest problem is that i can't reset the access point. I tried several times the manual reset but it does not pass
I also can't get access to the access point interface.
is there a solution to recover my equipment?

mutluit
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:53 pm

ok but currently my biggest problem is that i can't reset the access point. I tried several times the manual reset but it does not pass
I also can't get access to the access point interface.
is there a solution to recover my equipment?
Have you also changed the IP of your PC to 192.168.88.9 for example (only necessary if your PC uses DHCP, or uses static IP that is in a different subnet than 192.168.88.x), and connected it directly to the router's ether2 port? Unplug all other LAN/WAN cables on that router.
Then do in web browser http://192.168.88.1, or use Winbox. With Winbox a changing of the IP of the PC is maybe not necessary as it can find the router via MAC.

Bakary
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:52 pm

I had already done what you said

when i drag drop wireless-6.40.4-mipsbe.npk
in in the wire list after restarting the Ethernet LED is unstable so I cannot connect either by cable or by wifi

sutrus
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:17 pm

A little off topic. Why are you using a 2 year old RouteOS?
I don't know exactly, but this very old version was hacked.
First update to the latest version 6.47 or 6.45.9 and Windox 3,24.

Bakary
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:14 pm

the router os is station mode. when I connect the router os by cable on my PC the ethernet light of the pc and the router lights up but winbox does not detect the router.
the pc address is 192.168.88.6
through the browser I can't.

Bakary
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:26 pm

when I do a manual reset, it's always the same. it is as if wireless-6.40.4-mipsbe.npk which I dragged to deposit list of file mikrotik prevents the connection by the ethernet port.

mutluit
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:20 pm

the router os is station mode. when I connect the router os by cable on my PC the ethernet light of the pc and the router lights up but winbox does not detect the router.
the pc address is 192.168.88.6
through the browser I can't.
What is the gateway IP address on your PC? It should be the IP of your router, ie. default 192.168.88.1 if the reset worked, else if it didn't work then it of course has the previous IP.
Ie. verify/fix your gateway address, if it's wrong or is not set.
From Winbox you should try to "find", ie. detect the router. Winbox has some diagnosis or tool functions, just try. For example ping, arp etc..

And: how do you do the hardware reset? You should power-off the router, press the reset pin, power-on the router, watch the lights next to the reset pin, and stop pressing as soon as the light starts blinking.... After that it usually takes about 3 minutes until it's online again. You can do "ping 192.168.88.1" to see whether it's alive again...

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:40 pm

I would prefer to discuss the requirements before delving into any half baked solution.
First what is the scenario - what distance are we talking about for the area without wifi (current AP device to proposed AP device)?
Is this in a house or between two building for example?
If in a house, how many walls does the signal pass through?
How many other APs show up on a scan in your house or apt (from adjacent houses/apts)?
What are the expectations for throughput from the farthest device after setup?
Have you explored the idea of using adapters for any existing cable or electrical wire infrastructure?

In other words, your framed the Title of your Post as a Solution and not a Requirement.
What you need/want is to be able to extend your internet connection from an unspecified location to an unspecifiied location.
Thus, much more information is needed to guide us to the optimal solution.