Community discussions

MikroTik App

technobabble
just joined
Topic Author

Wireless Wire Problem

Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:55 pm

I recently bought a Wireless Wire bridge to replace a on premises Fibre running at 1Gbit that needs to be replaced which will take several weeks for ground works.
The Wireless Wire bridge works great, except for 1 problem which I can't figure out.

There is about 800 IP addresses + about 30 VLAN'S on the other side of the bridge, then around every 20-24 hours (random time) the bridge starts to block some IP addresses. There is nothing in the logs, totally clean. The only way to recover from the problem seems to be to re-boot the slave end which is troublesome because the link is busy 24x7
There is no spanning tree enabled on the network, we don't use any of the STP versions.
The bridge reports the following
/interface bridge host print count-only
Which seems to vary quite a bit. If if was hitting some limit then I would expect to see something logged??
The RF side is rock solid at all times, never murmurs.

Any ideas gratefully received.
John

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Wireless Wire Problem

Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:26 pm

Raise a ticket and Send a suptout report to MT, with all your findings, screenshots etc.

pants6000
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:23 pm

Do you have bridge port MAC learning turned on or off?

rmillavec
just joined

Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:29 pm

I have seen the same issue crop up a couple times now. I've experienced this issue running 6.48 but I believe this may have also happened as far back as 6.47.3.

Rebooting the wireless wire's seem to resolve the issue.