Community discussions

MikroTik App

ste
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Topic Author

Terragraph

Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:23 pm

@MT seen some announcements on terragraph/802.11ay lately. As MT is partnering there, I am eager to hear some news and see the new chipsets in PTP devices like the nray.

syadnom
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: Terragraph

Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:49 am

yeah, very much looking forward to this. lots of mixed reviews on the 'ad based 60gx3 units, looking for the next-gen there.

'ad and 'ay are not compatible though, so that pretty new nRay and Cube AC are stuck on 'ad offerings.

a) Love to know what the future holds for terragraph, when it's planned, and what the price points will be.

b) Would honestly be quite happy with an improved 'ad based AP... maybe even a 360 coverage unit.

ste
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Topic Author

Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:13 am

'ad and 'ay are not compatible though, so that pretty new nRay and Cube AC are stuck on 'ad offerings.
Sure ?

russman
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:28 pm

I'm eager for more information here too. To get max uplink between DN radios I'm seeing they recommend not more than 90meter separation (more if only 1Gbps uplink). Most are going for ~$2000/DN MSRP and $650/CN and we are crossing our fingers to get enough clients connected taken from DOCSIS 3 to make it worth the investment... Need to be able to mesh at full speed and deploy DN's like crazy to make it reliable and fast from what I can tell. If we have to skimp on DN's to try and save money you may as well forget it unless its high density business clients willing to pay high monthly fees.

syadnom
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:55 pm

I'm eager for more information here too. To get max uplink between DN radios I'm seeing they recommend not more than 90meter separation (more if only 1Gbps uplink). Most are going for ~$2000/DN MSRP and $650/CN and we are crossing our fingers to get enough clients connected taken from DOCSIS 3 to make it worth the investment... Need to be able to mesh at full speed and deploy DN's like crazy to make it reliable and fast from what I can tell. If we have to skimp on DN's to try and save money you may as well forget it unless its high density business clients willing to pay high monthly fees.
I'm doing the same math here. What kind of population density do you need to make a $2k AP every block make sense.

I hope mikrotik has a better plan up their sleeve than what these other companies are doing.

server8
Long time Member
Long time Member

Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:17 am

I'm doing the same math here. What kind of population density do you need to make a $2k AP every block make sense.

I hope mikrotik has a better plan up their sleeve than what these other companies are doing.
For us deploy fiber fiber is cheaper than Terrahraph

syadnom
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:00 pm

Mikrotik / @Normis, can we get an update?

Evaluating other products and I feel like the pricing is going to kill this entire model. Will you guys swoop in and save the day? These 200m distances for DNs with $1200+ price tags are a real let-down and the reasonably priced CPE are also ~200m in the rain, then the price shoots up to double that distance.

I'd like to see an upfit to the existing CPE kit, and a proper 360degree AP.

antonsb
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:24 pm

official announcements will be released only after product will be closer to finishing stage.
Hardware and software currently is close to that point.

ste
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Topic Author

Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:12 pm

official announcements will be released only after product will be closer to finishing stage.
Great !!! Hopefully spring time is install time :-).

russman
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:10 pm

Looking forward to updates. Due to proximity and quantity of DN's needed to make the system reliable, and the price point of DN's from other vendors, the solution is not feasible for most potential applications. If you guys can make a reliable product at a price point that makes this a feasible solution I'm sure you'll see more sales than the rest of the players putting out Teragraph.

UnicornWrangler
just joined

Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:10 pm

We're looking forward to seeing what Mikrotik has to offer with Terragraph! The competitor's pricing is just silly. It makes more sense to trench fiber with a shovel by hand than to spend what they're asking on DNs. We've mainly been a UI shop, but we're pleased with Tik's 802.11ad pricing, and performance has gotten better with every FW update, so we'll most likely be using Tik's Terragraph solution when it becomes available.. which is hopefully soon!

swang2002
just joined

Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:24 pm

I have a LOT of 802.11ad equipment out there, so I hope they have something up there sleeve that will be backwards compatible. Honestly, an 802.11ad solution with a beefed up AP and TDMA with somewhere around 20-30 client count would be perfect for us. Either way, I really hope someone gives us the tools we need soon to make a dent in our customers insatiable demand for more and more bandwidth!

UnicornWrangler
just joined

Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:48 pm

I have a LOT of 802.11ad equipment out there, so I hope they have something up there sleeve that will be backwards compatible. Honestly, an 802.11ad solution with a beefed up AP and TDMA with somewhere around 20-30 client count would be perfect for us. Either way, I really hope someone gives us the tools we need soon to make a dent in our customers insatiable demand for more and more bandwidth!
Yeah same, lots of LHG60s out there. Really the only glaring downside of the current 802.11ad offering is the 8 client count limit. It makes it extremely difficult to scale. If we could just get a wAP60 AP with a 2.5G port and a higher client count limit, that would do wonders for us.

symmat001
just joined

Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:40 pm

Hey guys, has anyone seen this?

Anyone else seen this too? Can't find any more information on release dates. Anyone with further information?

They reference the CPE as : Cube AC Pro (Right in photo)
They reference the sector as : CubeSA 60 pro AC (Left in Photo)

Was presented in this video > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqgfEs_4G6s

syadnom
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:50 am

I think most of us have seen the video, now we're just anxiously awaiting more details and release dates.

server8
Long time Member
Long time Member

Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:29 am

I am starting to suspect that they are vaporware