Community discussions

MikroTik App

swang2002
just joined
Topic Author

wAP 60Gx3 clients keep disconnecting

Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:25 pm

Ever since upgrading to 6.47.2 I have seen multiple wlan60-1 : link down/link up events in clients connected to my AP's. Here is what I have tried so far...
1) making sure every clients is aligned as well as possible.
2) upgrading OS AND Routerboard firmware to latest
3) changing frequencies

There are times where I think the problem is solved, but then it will start happening again. Does anyone know of a good way to limit the number of client disconnects? I have just been using the little plastic scope to align clients...perhaps there's a better (albeit much longer) way of correctly aligning clients?

My suspicion is that beamforming is the culprit behind the multiple disconnects, but I can find no reliable information anywhere in the forums about what causes this, and how to correct it. Any help would be appreciated.

StephenL
just joined

Re: wAP 60Gx3 clients keep disconnecting

Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:20 am

Ever since upgrading to 6.47.2 I have seen multiple wlan60-1 : link down/link up events in clients connected to my AP's. Here is what I have tried so far...
1) making sure every clients is aligned as well as possible.
2) upgrading OS AND Routerboard firmware to latest
3) changing frequencies

There are times where I think the problem is solved, but then it will start happening again. Does anyone know of a good way to limit the number of client disconnects? I have just been using the little plastic scope to align clients...perhaps there's a better (albeit much longer) way of correctly aligning clients?

My suspicion is that beamforming is the culprit behind the multiple disconnects, but I can find no reliable information anywhere in the forums about what causes this, and how to correct it. Any help would be appreciated.
Once the clients are connected could you try locking the beam forming? I believe I remember seeing that option some where.

honzam
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:44 am

Latest ROS and enable:
*) w60g - added "mdmg-fix" parameter for RBwAP60Gx3 (CLI only);

https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:Interface/W60G
LAN, FTTx, Wireless. ISP operator

timmay2
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:55 am

I pulled mine out of my network as they never worked reliably.

Was sad about it as I liked that headline that I could say it was a Gigabit link. I've had to replace with a Ubiquiti LTU sector. Either switch to the Wireless Wire 60deg sector AP or bin Wireless Wire all-together.

This reminds me I need to RMA my Wireless Wires...