Community discussions

MikroTik App

Acryli
Topic Author

[LTE] - Quectel EM12 & RouterOS 7b8 & Ip passthrought

Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:09 pm

Hello

I have some difficulties to configure my RBM33G with an EM12 LTE modem running under RouterOS v7b8.
I'm getting an IP address from the LTE provider, but no internet connectivity, although the APN is configured correctly. I'm using the same APN settings on my phone and it works.

So I'm missing some things. Is there a tutorial somewhere that explains how to configure the EM12 and Router OS in order to get access to internet over the LAN ports?
I used the quickset to set it up (ethernet ports are bridged). The quickset worked on my LHG, I don't understand why it doesn't on the RBM33G.

Another questions
1. Does the EM12 support IP passthrough in routeros 7?
2. In which usb profile does it need to run? Do I need to switch the modem to MBIM mode? I'have read somewhere that some Quectel modem in LTE mode the modem would be natively natting and issuing it's own IP, in other words it won't be feasible to make it work in IP passthrough mode. You need to use a PPP connexion/USB profile. Is it true for the EM12???

Thank you

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: [LTE] - Quectel EM12 & RouterOS 7b8 & Ip passthrought

Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:17 pm

first, upgrade to ros7.1beta2 on what EM12-G works perfect.
Remember that probably receiving APN from ISP must be disable.

and yes, modem should be in MBIM mode, read about EP06-E/A, the commands are 99% the same. viewtopic.php?f=3&t=150368#p787894