Community discussions

MikroTik App

Studiorove
just joined
Topic Author

SXT R11e-LTE and Streaming with BM Mini Pro

Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:59 pm

I'm using the SXT R11e-LTE as an mobile aerial for locations that have a LTE signal. It works great with my computer/Ipads etc. The new BlackMagic Mini Pro has the option to stream to the internet, without the need for a computer. In other words it encodes the stream and sends the information to Facebook or Youtube or any streaming platform. The mini Pro works on most internet connections, except on my SXT LTE. It connects, but drops frames every couple of frames etc. I can't figure out how to configure the SXT LTE to work with it. Any ideas?

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: SXT R11e-LTE and Streaming with BM Mini Pro

Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:14 am

Studiorove
I'm using the SXT R11e-LTE ... The new BlackMagic Mini Pro has ... sends the information to Facebook or Youtube or any streaming platform ... but drops frames every couple of frames etc.
Now I understand the problem.
First, we start with all firmware update.
RuterOS 6.47.4 ?
Modem R11e-LTE with firmware MikroTik_CP_2.160.000_v018 ?
How bit loses of frames you see, how you detect that problem ?

topoita
just joined

Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:16 pm

Did you find any solution for that I have the same issue with ATEM mini pro iso?

Another modem from a different company is working great on the same location

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:32 pm

Did you find any solution for that I have the same issue with ATEM mini pro iso?

Another modem from a different company is working great on the same location
First, we start with all firmware update.
RuterOS 6.47.4 ?
Modem R11e-LTE with firmware MikroTik_CP_2.160.000_v018 ?
How big loses of frames you see, how you detect that problem ?

topoita
just joined

Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:44 pm

Hi,

I have the SXT LTE Kit all firmware and versions are up to date.

I'm using it over an year without any problem to stream via OBS.

I have purchased an ATEM Mini Pro ISO which connect directly to the network and stream to Facebook & Youtube without any computer.

When I try to stream thorough it I'm getting a very low speed with a lot of disconnections.

Streaming Via OBS on the same time is working great.

I have tried to use the unit as a modem and used another router for routing and got the same results.

Because of that I think that the problem is related to modem.

I have used Zyxel LTE 3001 unit with the same sim to check if the problem is in the ATEM and it's working great.

My guess is that there is some incompatibility with the r11 modem that come inside the kit and the ATEM Mini Pro

How can I solve the problem as it's only appear with the ATEM Mini PRO?

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:17 pm

topoita
When I try to stream thorough it I'm getting a very low speed with a lot of disconnections.
My guess is that there is some incompatibility with the r11 modem that come inside the kit and the ATEM Mini Pro
How can I solve the problem as it's only appear with the ATEM Mini PRO?
All that give sure that problem exist only at SXR R11e-LTE and this ATEM device.
Then you have a possibility to check and compare with OBS or with other LTE device - means perfect bcs this give us some confirmation.
Next. What we should check and do as end-user site before we send a problem to vendor, means MikroTik.

General question.
Where you see the loosing frames in video material? That information you see at Youtube platform ? Do some screenshot.
How exactly you see that is errors in material ?
What difference of "upload speed" you have ? Maybe SXTR not have that speed what is needed for video streem ? You can do a speedtest at both LTE devices and try check what speed exist and maybe ATEM try change a codec/bitrange when it upload, maybe you can lock that in options..

R11e-LTE with firmwareMikroTik_CP_2.160.000_v018 we can try stuff:
* You should check if you not have any queue for atem device, bcs you MikroTik can limit via queue transfers. When you not have any queue your ATEM should reach any speed like other network devices behind SXTR.
* What uploud is neccessary and your r11e-lte have that upload speed via long time period ?
* you should install a logs of changing eNB/PCI to see in logs if you are still connected with the same tower and her single antenna, Watch LTE parameters: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=153622&hilit=watchdog#p768105
* Do you have any logs from ATEM device what can give us a hint what it have a problems ?

This is a strange problem and this point and I try help you, if you have problems with ROS then I help free (only lte stuff) with remote access and chat at Telegram (check my signature).

likos
just joined

Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:59 pm

Hello,

i have also the same issue with this type of hardware encoder (Black Magic Design Atem Mini Pro Iso) and my SXT LTE6 kit.

On the process of trying to find a solution i only managed to get a better response (however not adequate) from the encoder if i force the router to use the same DNS servers (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4) as with the encoder (which are locked and not able to change). I also tried lowering MTU values (using this method https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/190/ ) but that didnt offer noticeable improvement.
On the process of troubleshooting, if i disable the firewall from winbox QuickSet every packet is going in and out undisturbed from the router? disabling forewall disables NAT also?
Or maybe RTMP protocol over LTE is not possible and i am just wasting my time?

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:50 pm

Try the R11e-LTE 027 firmware.
Next try enable lte topic in loggings.
Do Watch LTE parameters: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=155945&p=821262#p821047

I have before many projects and they are finished, you can write me at Telegram and I try help, with remote access to.